Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accelerator On The Left Side Of The Brake

Just wondered, in my V300 if you take the Aristo mats up on the carpet you'll find a mechanism which flips up with another accelerator pedal connected to a bar which pushes down on the factory accelerator located to the right of the brake - therefore you've got two accelerators - one on the left of the brake, one on the right..

Is this standard or an aftermarket modification?!

Thanks in advance

I've never heard of it either, but it's been fitted to the car!

*** knows why, unless as you say someone had restricted movement with their right lef maybe and so this was bodged together?

The thing is I can't exactly remember what it looked like but it seemed stock?

Will get some pics tomorrow and get them up on the site!

Maybe it's a kind of "Heel Toe" workaround...... you could use your left leg then to blip the accelerator...

Congrats on the Aristo...... I knew you weren't getting an Aygo.... 'cos you didn't even know how to spell it.... :P

You little tinker Aido, winding everyone up like that :lol:

Congrats on the new car mate, looks great in your sig.

Sounds like a disability mod, i.e for an amputee, check your log book to make sure it is not classified for disabled tax, my aristo tt was and had to go to alocal office to change it back

Will get some pics up soon pal, just a few little things I want to sort out first mate :D

Was going to do some stuff tonight but it's raining now!

Here's one of the pics from eBay anyway:

backendcopyud9.jpg

Glad to be in the Aristo club though - really going to miss the IS, but it's time for me to move on, and heck is this a way to do it :D

No pimping with this motor dude, that's all gonna be going on behind the limo tints :lol:

Watch these be my favorite last words, but I'm thinking of leaving this as is! Nice street sleeper this time, catches everyone out!

Everything looks nice enough, got a few things to sort out, the usual things, repeaters etc etc, going to attempt a bit of stuff in the morning and get some small pieces ordered...

As for the car yeah it drives very nicely, it was Mr Ellen pointed me in the direction of this one, and Pete Betts was a star when it came to having it!

The speed is awesome though, doesn't feel that quick, everything outside just seems to pass by very quickly indeed!

It's also got a few goodies which weren't listed on eBay like Alpine satnav etc, also a TV tuner but not sure if that thing is plumbed in, need to check it really, but the aerial is vibrating against the glass so may have that removed, may even do it myself if I can figure out how lol!

Hey up fella, long time no see!

See you've got a fancy car now mate as well, how's it going?

Had to get the big boy's power now that I'm a big boy :D

Lovely car Aido congrats! :D

From that pic Waddy took of you in your "Aigo" I didn't think it looked much like I'd imagined an Aygo to look!

You look like a proper gangland villan now! The Don! :lol:

Hey up fella, long time no see!

See you've got a fancy car now mate as well, how's it going?

Had to get the big boy's power now that I'm a big boy :D

New car is going great ta, now i've had a few things sorted on it. Not quite the luxury of the Lex, but makes up for that in the fun it provides.

The quest for more power goes on, although the other half claims it's more of a mid-life crisis thing :crybaby:

Looking forward to having a nosey round your new baby

Just a bit of a difference between an Aigo and a V300 mate!! :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy the new motor mate it looks v nice and they're a great drive. Smooth and slow when you want them to be and then all of a sudden a friggin' beast. Gotta run them on high RON petrol though which dents the pocket. :crybaby::crybaby:

Good luck, I'm well jealous!!!! One day I'll return! :D

Cheers fella, was speaking to Gord last night and he was telling me about when he'd driven your motor!

At the minute I'm running on either Optimax or the Tesco 99 RON stuff, like you say though, she's incredibly smooth, then a rocket when you need to get past something quick!

Just working on tidying this one up externally, inside and mechanically it's great :)

Had to wind them all up with the Aigo though :D

Just wondered, in my V300 if you take the Aristo mats up on the carpet you'll find a mechanism which flips up with another accelerator pedal connected to a bar which pushes down on the factory accelerator located to the right of the brake - therefore you've got two accelerators - one on the left of the brake, one on the right..

Is this standard or an aftermarket modification?!

Thanks in advance

I bought a Seat Alhambra a few year ago that had a left foot throttle, turned out the previous owner only had one leg :duh: You cannot believe how hard it is to drive with the throttle on the wrong side, especially when your reversing. It lasted about two days.

Nice looking car

I've still not checked the V5, but I've got a feeling that the mod was done back in Japan?

Reminds me to go and look at removing it now :D

Thanks for the compliments :D