Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Styling Kit

Rob's Lexx

hi all :D

just been having a look on e-bay and noticed a full styling kit for the IS. the price seems fantastic and the company is about a 30 second drive from my house by the sounds of it :)

does the spec of the product sound any good, or is it just a cheap kit??

i wanna buy a kit thats gonna last and look the part. i know the genuine TTE/TRD kits are available, but at twice the price, plus painting, its a lot more money.

any comments welcomed.

LINKY

cheers

rob

which company is it.....

you not interested in a bootlid swap with TRD spoiler :D

to be honest mat, if i had the power to warrant a huuuge spoiler like that, i'd have it off you (wouldn't stay orange though)

oops, first post now edited with link :blush:

could get you a special deal on painting, whats powoooor got to do with it, anyway,

generally fibreglass kits require a degree of work before they can be fitted, the price generally indicates the amount of prep work......

Edited by Monster-Mat

could get you a special deal on painting, whats powoooor got to do with it, anyway, got a link to the company.

generally fibreglass kits require a degree of work before they can be fitted, the price generally indicates the amount of prep work......

well they 'apparently' are a guaranteed fit with no prep work. they fit the kit themselves, i believe. its closed today....being the day of rest and all. might pop down in the week :yawn:

well i think that to have a large spoiler like that, you need a bit more power to do it justice. ;) can you get good prices on all paintwork mate??

allways remember "you get what you pay for"

the original kit is not fibreglass

if you knock fibreglass it just cracks, no flexibilty,

yea i agree with ya mate, you do get what you pay for. but sometimes we can all get a bargain :)

i thought fibreglass was very robust?? therefore suited for car styling??

could get you a special deal on painting, whats powoooor got to do with it, anyway, got a link to the company.

well they 'apparently' are a guaranteed fit with no prep work. they fit the kit themselves, i believe. its closed today....being the day of rest and all. might pop down in the week :yawn:

well i think that to have a large spoiler like that, you need a bit more power to do it justice. ;) can you get good prices on all paintwork mate??

i can yes, one of my sponsers is a body shop ;)

i can yes, one of my sponsers is a body shop ;)

ok mate, thanks for the heads up. i may well be in touch at some point ;) sure we could sort sumthin out in terms of commission :lol: :winky:

yea i agree with ya mate, you do get what you pay for. but sometimes we can all get a bargain :)

couldnt be further from the truth

its used because its cheap and easy to form

all top make bodykits are usually made in abs plastic or polyeurathene

the original bumpers on nearly all cars, they are flexible, very flexible, they absorb impacts, they flex then pop back to the original shape, unlike fibreglass

Don't get fibreglass kits ......... they're crap.

Hit a few stones in the road .... and jst watch your front spoiler crack right through !

damn, i didn't realise they were that bad :o :crybaby:

this kit looks so nice aswell :unsure:

the original bumpers on nearly all cars, they are flexible, very flexible, they absorb impacts, they flex then pop back to the original shape, unlike fibreglass

hmmm, well ya learn somethin new everyday as they say ;)

cheers for the advice guys....looks like it may well be a no starter.

might pop down though and see what gear they have :D

Hit a few stones in the road .... and jst watch your front spoiler crack right through !

erm there not that bad.......the quality of the fibreglass whats important, and the way its laid......

also the quality of the fit.....dont be put off with fibreglass kits, just dont expect that there all quality kits, some need more work to fit than others

erm there not that bad.......the quality of the fibreglass whats important, and the way its laid......

also the quality of the fit.....dont be put off with fibreglass kits, just dont expect that there all quality kits, some need more work to fit than others

so is it the quality of the fibreglass (thought it would all be the same??) thats important?? or how its fitted (as in the flushness of the fit)?? and how can you tell how good quality it is?? sorry to sound daft, but no experience in stuff like thus ;)

there is different weights and weaves of fibreglass, if you look at Japanese fibreglass kits they use a fine weave fibreglass and do many layers, 30+ hence why generally Japanese kits are high quality and require little work to fit.

UK and other kits generally use a thicker fibre, more industrial, hence why they crack easier and why they normally looked warped and dont fit well when you try to fit them the first time.....

hence will require more work to get to fit.

dont be put off, if you like the kit, and are prepared to spend a little extra to get it perfect ...go for it, its your car.......that kit would look loverly with an arch spoiler :D

ive worked with fibreglass for many years........so know the tricks, if you want it fitting, come see me

Edited by Monster-Mat

there is different weights and weaves of fibreglass, if you look at Japanese fibreglass kits they use a fine weave fibreglass and do many layers, 30+ hence why generally Japanese kits are high quality and require little work to fit.

UK and other kits generally use a thicker fibre, more industrial, hence why they crack easier and why they n :duh: ormally looked warped and dont fit well when you try to fit them the first time.....

hence will require more work to get to fit.

dont be put off, if you like the kit, and are prepared to spend a little extra to get it perfect ...go for it, its your car.......that kit would look loverly with an arch spoiler :D

ive worked with fibreglass for many years........so know the tricks, if you want it fitting, come see me

i agree mate, an arch spoiler would tidy it up :D

what i don't understand is that if there are different grades of fibreglass, are there some that i should stay away from?? if its just a case of getting it to fit right, then surely any kit will be fine - but if its a case of after fitting, its gonna split/crack (with lower quality kits) then maybe i need to be more reserved when it comes to parting with the ££££'s????

BTW, cheers very much for ur offer to help out mate. i may well take you up on it at some point - when i finally get round to sorting things out. got sooo much on at work at the minute - end of year reports are not a nice thing to be writing!!! :duh:

just been searching further....they also sell this kit:

LINKY 2

looks maybe a little lower risk in terms of fitting etc???

the main areas to look at for cracking are the mounting points, it doesnt take much to "beef" up these areas, i do it on all my kits

there is an advantage of fibreglass in that when it does get damaged, its easy to repair

the main areas to look at for cracking are the mounting points, it doesnt take much to "beef" up these areas, i do it on all my kits

there is an advantage of fibreglass in that when it does get damaged, its easy to repair

ok mate, cheers for ur input.

how is fibreglass repaired?? with a filler??

with fibreglass

with fibreglass

:lol::lol: suppose it makes sense

just been searching further....they also sell this kit:

LINKY 2

looks maybe a little lower risk in terms of fitting etc???

As far as i can see the car in the picture isn't fitted with their kit .... there seems to be slight differences, would be better if they put up a customers car instead!

even the front piece looks out of shape... and thats their display pic?

Wasn't there somebody on the forum lately selling skirts and stuff?