Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Fitted The 2001- Rear Light Clusters To An Aristo?

aido

Just wondered if anyone has fitted the 2001 onwards rear light clusters to an Aristo?

I'm getting a bit confused by all the posts I've read - basically some say just the units are needed, whereas others mention a harness also?

Is that harness required as well as the manual modifcation to the cable to get all the lights on?

To further complicate matters, from what I can gather whereas the Jap & US models had four lights in the rear clusters, the UK models had three.

Now seeing as the modification is to allow an extra light to work with UK models which is in the new cluster, does this mean that a newer spec light cluster will connect directly to the existing wiring harness in the Aristo without any modifcations required?

Off to trawl ClubLexus as well as I've just seen that has come back up :)

Thanks in advance

..: Edit :..

I'm on about these:

July 2000 onward GS300 specification rear lamps

81550-30870 Drivers Side

81560-30840 Passengers Side

I'll give them a go pal, checked today and definitely have the extra light that the UK spec cars don't have so potentially this could be easier for us - will report back here :)

Had a big crawl through ClubLexus and some seem to be ok whereas others not, but what I primarily noticed is that the majority seem fine with the 2001 onwards spec lights, but they are getting the rear light bulb coming on for the actual non-Toyota JP part bulbs which have different lenses, primarily white I think?

They're well expensive to for what they are - some somewher quoting $1500 for a pair of rear lights :o

I'll give them a go pal, checked today and definitely have the extra light that the UK spec cars don't have so potentially this could be easier for us - will report back here :)

Had a big crawl through ClubLexus and some seem to be ok whereas others not, but what I primarily noticed is that the majority seem fine with the 2001 onwards spec lights, but they are getting the rear light bulb coming on for the actual non-Toyota JP part bulbs which have different lenses, primarily white I think?

They're well expensive to for what they are - some somewher quoting $1500 for a pair of rear lights :o

Don't worry there's a place where you can pick up the Wise taillights for about £300 odd (IIRC). I'm supposed to investigate them, but just don't the chance to call them up. If you want I'll post up the link if you want to follow them up :).

I fitted 2001 lights to my UK GS, but the guy who I bought them off had pre-wired them to have the right connectors, it was just plug n play for me.

I'm sure someone was selling a pair for 30 quid a few months ago on here. The JP tails are quite expensive on clublexus, look good though, but over the top in price.

Bet you can't wait to get rid of them Avensis looking tail lights!!! :o

Yep I have them fitted :)

No bulb warnings, works fine. Great upgrade to the car, looks newer :)

Thanks very much mate :D

Going to order them now!

Shame you've got to let yours go mate, when I got this one it was a toss up between the two if I'm honest, still need to spend a bit to get mine to the spec yours was though!

Yeah cheers fella, was looking at your guide matey, that's why I was unsure whether I'd need to do that wire seeing as the Aristo already has the extra light in the rear cluster - got some prices now and it's a 2 day turnaround so should hopefully have them by the middle of next week so I'll know for sure by then :D

Just done this, can confirm that the Aristo does indeed have the six wires needed and both bulbs work straight after the swap - no modification to the existing harness is required :D

Aye thanks for earlier dude, it was good to see you!

Just a shame about the weather, it was proper minging on the way to Stoke, dried up a bit on the way back so I just had a leisurely drive home and got completely lost!

Everything fitted nicely though, I've knackered the old lights, looked like someone tried to get them out at some point and one of the screws was completely battered, had to get a wrench to it, sorted that out and then snapped one of the threads on the light clean off - luckily it was the old ones so just fitted the new ones and it was game on :D

The car needs cleaning again though, only did it yesterday, but it looks awful after getting stuck in that shower!

Sorted the lot out anyway Chris, looks much nicer now, can't believe how much better it looks now I've gotten rid of the orange repeaters, those things are absolutely minging!

Winner dude, we'll have to sort something out when it's dry pal, this thing is scary in the wet!

Looking nice though, just sneaked a look outside, really does transform the backend of the car!