Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Mobile

swfcdan

Im getting a new phone in the next week or two, ive narrowed it down to 2 but i cant decide which one, should i get:

A- Samsung D900

or

B- Sony Ericsson K800i

which ones better?

they seem pretty similar, i currently have the sony ericsson K750i and have no probs with it, so i am favouring the K800i at the moment but the D900 is alot smaller and stylish

your opinions please, which one would you get?

In my proffessional opinion, the K800i everytime mate! The camera alone would swing it for me. 3.2 mega pixel! B)

yeh im favouring that one, but this new samsung also has a 3.13 mega pixel camera and is a lot smaller too.

hmmm decisions decisions :D

by far and away the best phone to be hitting the market in the upcoming few weeks is the Sony Ericsson P990 :D

its spec is superb and its packed with useful tools/gadgets etc (touchscreen, word, excel, powerpoint, media player, outlook, etc etc).

Hold on to get one of these mate :D

by far and away the best phone to be hitting the market in the upcoming few weeks is the Sony Ericsson P990 :D

its spec is superb and its packed with useful tools/gadgets etc (touchscreen, word, excel, powerpoint, media player, outlook, etc etc).

Hold on to get one of these mate :D

looks great, i had the older version of it and used hardly any of the features, my only requirement is it had a decent camera for takin sill pics on drunken nights out :hehe: other than that im not too fussy.

think im going to go for the Sony ericsson, had 4 sony ericsson phones (T28, P8 something or another lol, K750i and S800i) and all have been great

Ive got the K800i and so far its been sound, no problems with it what so ever, try and get a memory card in the deal tho mate cos the 70mb on the phone gets eaten up quick with the pics taken. Ive been with sony for a while now too, the last 4phones ive had actually!!

HHope this helps your decision mate

Chris

Sony K800i if you're after functionality and usefulness.

Samsund D900 if you're after the more fashion concious phone.

I've found that most Samsung's dont support voice dial, which is useless for my Bluetooth car kit.

And most (if not all) dont have a radio - useful for those times I am stuck on the train...

Oh, and the synching thing is much easier with SE (and Nokia) SW as opposed to the (slow) Samsung SW...

D.

I'd go with the Sony Ericsson too, I always swap brands and alternate between Nokia and SE every year, I've just gone back to the Nokia and picked up an N73, not really happy with it, but going to be upgrading another contract to the P990 soon I think, can't wait for that one!

I must admit i have never used a sony ericsson because they have always been quite a hideous design.

I might try to get past the aesthetics some time to try one.

The E900 does look cool though.

You guys surprise me, I've liked a lot of the Ericsson phones - they've always tended to have an industrial design but build quality is usually excellent compared to the plasticy Nokias I've had?

I always though the fashion phones were mainly bought up by young girls and Zee :o

I'd go with the Sony Ericsson too, I always swap brands and alternate between Nokia and SE every year, I've just gone back to the Nokia and picked up an N73, not really happy with it, but going to be upgrading another contract to the P990 soon I think, can't wait for that one!

good man aido, the P990 is gonna be the phone to have!! release was put back to end of august/september from July....so watch this space mate :D

picked up an N73, not really happy with it,

What's wrong with the N73 Aido? I was planning on getting it next week... Otherwise at least one of the other "N" series Nokias...

D.

It's loaded with firmware bugs at the moment - runs out of memory etc when no apps are loaded and needs rebooting, also the GUI is nice but slow compared to the SE phones I've been using and gotten used to!

Hoping they'll sort these out soon - can still swap yet so not sure what to do!!

The N-Series software has just as many bugs in it as Windows! Aido has mentioned a few common faults. Nokia really need to address this as its very frustrating for customers and ultimately me!

It's been doing my head in today fella, the camera crashed and the phone needed a hard boot!

Shame as the quality of the camera really is something special from the pics I've took!

Hi,

After many years with Nokia i tried the K700 then went onto the K750,to be fair ive had a few problems with the k750 with it freezing and the joystick playing up,have to move up before able to go down.But ive stuck with the Sony and have the new k800 and ive had no problems so far.Im really pleased with how nice the photos turn out,ive not got a digital camera but this phone/camera seems up to the job for what i use it for.

I would say i might get a memory stick as whats posted above before you know it the memory is used up.

Hope thats of some help.

Chips..

Supposedly SE have fixed the joystick problem in the K800 by doing more to prevent the dust buggering up the contacts, the thing is only time will tell if that's the case!

Supposedly on the K750's with knackered joysticks I read on a mobile forum that a squirt of WD40 and leaving overnight would work wonders!

Never tried it so can't back that statement up!

good tip aido as on my current K750i i can no longer scroll up on the menu without reasonable force, lol.

ive decided to go for the k800i and stick to what i know.