Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

! In Circle , Warning Light

This is the red circle with an exclamation mark in the middle.

While under braking, I have had this light flash on a couple of times in the last month and guessed that it was a low brake pad warning. Now it has been on solid for a couple of days. I checked the book, it is not low pads, that is a red circle with 6 bits round the outside of it.

The owners book tells me that this "!" warning light is a "brake system warning light" and when it is on, "take vehicle to Lexus dealer". I thought it may be ABS related but I also have an ABS warning light, however that is not on.

Has any one got any experience or ideas what this "!" warning light is caused by? This is the only warning light on, all the rest do work as indicated at ignition on time.

Thanks in advance, I certainly value the use of my braking system.

While under braking, I have had this light flash on a couple of times in the last month and guessed that it was a low brake pad warning. Now it has been on solid for a couple of days. I checked the book, it is not low pads, that is a red circle with 6 bits round the outside of it.

The owners book tells me that this "!" warning light is a "brake system warning light" and when it is on, "take vehicle to Lexus dealer". I thought it may be ABS related but I also have an ABS warning light, however that is not on.

Has any one got any experience or ideas what this "!" warning light is caused by? This is the only warning light on, all the rest do work as indicated at ignition on time.

Just looked in my book, have you checked your brake fluid level?

On mine its very precise - level only needs to drop a couple of mm and its on

Dave

"Brake lights" oh the joys of driving such a highly spec'd car. I have never had one of those features before so it never occured to me. I'll check them tonight. Thanks.

It would have been more obvious to me if the dash warning light was labeled "brake light warning light" rather than "brake system warning light", oh well, I'll soon know. Thanks again.

Yes, I checked the fluid level, it does seem pretty full and well above the "min" level, thanks.

is it not the brake pad wear indicator. the break pads have a wear indicator on it and once its down to the wire it breaks the loop connection and on comes the warning lite on the dash , ihad this just last month but pads were ok just the wire had snapped so taped them up and no warning lite on now

Hi

I had this light come on whilst on the motorway and stopped at the services and had lost fluid and had a brocken/leaking master cylninder and brocken pipes.

I would add some more fluid and keep an eye.

All the best

Murph

Oh yes..... it was a brake light bulb.

Odd thing was that the warning light did not go out straight away. I started the car and still it was on. But the next time I used the car, about 20 mins later, the warning light was out. More reading of the owners manual says that it is either a bulb or fluid level. Thanks all.

Hi: Got the same problem, it goes out on braking and hard acceleration, had it for some time.

You got me out of my chair, to have a look at the brake reservoir, seem full, disconnected the level sensing plug and it went out, must be gust on the switching level, will top up tomorrow when i get some fluid.

Regards Syd