Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aido's New Car

Adie

Was going to give it the makeover before putting any pics up mate, pretty much looks like a standard GS mate, just needs a bit of work, she's booked in the bodyshop already but it won't be done for 4 weeks, just needs some bits and bobs tidying up, not having anything fancy done, keeping this one stock :)

Also going to modernise it with the latest rear lights, clear side repeaters, I've already chromed the grille to make do until I can figure out what to fit, keeping this one as a street sleeper, no body kit, my moneys going under the bonnet on this bad boy :D

Here she is from some pics before I picked her up from Pete anyway:

sta60550yp1.jpg

backendcopyof7.jpg

Needs a back bumper spray and to sort out a scratch on the rear quarter panel, hopefully should be looking pretty immaculate by the time I'm done :)

That's the one mate, it belonged to Pete Betts who owns Thor, so he knows what he's doing with these bad boys!

It's already got a bleed valve fitted as well as the exhaust done, and colder sparks, supposed to be putting out 350bhp already!

Not looking for loads mate, so basically boost controller, fuel cut defender, possibly a HKS SQV, not sure on that one, Pete recommended that anything like that should recirculate, so not sure if I'd get any gains by fitting one? Not interested in the dump valve to be honest, but would love to get that wastegate chatter, but not sure if you can on these due to the turbo's fitted as stock?

To be honest not really planning on a great deal, fuelling may need to be sorted, but that's all a long time down the road, this thing is definitely fast enough as is, had it spinning the wheels at 70 the other night, pulled out of a corner today after 30 minutes driving so the tyres were warmed up and the backend flew out then, didn't even give it any throttle, the suspension realy needs looking at, but that's going to be a long way down the road!

The old wiper blades would mess up the whole image, prob get pics after he figures out how to get them off :lol:

Oh mate, these things are really doing my tits in, going ot try again and see if I can get them off!

Just can't get the arms to come up!

Very nice motor mate, love it.

Toyed with the idea of an Aristo myself a while back, I only get 22-23 mpg out of the Tezza and thought, hey a bloody Aristo can't be much thirstier than that. 3 litres, loads of torque + a bit more room etc :duh: Then maybe a Supra, see a nice silver one round this neck of the woods, then there is that nice black GT-R. Or maybe I'm just confused and need to grow up :lol:

Enjoy the car, will see it one day I'm sure.

Aido,

I reckon your car is too discreet. It really needs either an A team red stripe down each side, or perhaps the two white stripes along the top of the car. I hope you have got 20inch chromes on order from the US, they would look phat on a black car!

What about the setup on here? That's what my car will be like when I get finished with it!

11258test2_014a.JPG

Black rims like these?

300gs.JPG

gsgt1chrome295800.jpg

GS300_02.jpg

Or maybe I'm just confused and need to grow up :lol:

Yes, I think so .......... very confused ! Grow up, young man :D

I certainly think those chicance don't suit the Aristo at all ! At least 19's for that baby ......... :P

Looking good Aido........wanted a black one myself..........

Just fitted some TRD anti roll bars to mine ...vast improvement :D

TEIN flex's with edfc on the way :D

then its c-one chassis braces :duh:

should make it less barge like :winky:

had it spinning the wheels at 70 the other night

Even with Aido in it!!! :lol::lol::lol: :winky:

Sounds mean. You gotta spend a little on the styling to make it more unique! :)

Must be a massive change from the IS. And must be nice having an Auto as well now :question:

D.

Hey Aido,

Nice car mate. I'm guessing you've either got shyte tires on the car or there's something wrong with your ARS. I remember when I had Eagle F1's on the stock 17's and I would NEVER spin tires at 70mph, let alone loose the back end unless I REALLY tried (full lock and floor the car)

Also lose the 18's :-p and stick on a set of 19's with the fat tire setup (285/35/19 rear on 10 wide wheels and 245/40/19 on 9 wide front wheels). Doesn't look too bad on the stock suspension but would recommend you get either a decent spring/shock combo like H&R/Bilstein Sport shocks or coilovers such as Teins, Bilstein PSS or something of the sort. You don't loose the comfort as such but you definitely gain more feel through the steering wheel and chassis.

Another suggestion would be to get a set of TRD Sway Bars along with either TOMS lower bracing and TRD or TOMS strut braces, that will make one MAJOR difference in handling and feel of the car. Also look into having the ARS cancelled using the TOMS ARS Cancellor bar otherwise you'll be looking at £££ to replace it.

After the above mods do all your performance stuff ;). Talk about me being a bad influence for you to spend LOADS of money hehe.

Also look into having the tracking/alignment checked out as well.

Think it's just ******* tyres mate, I'm ripping these up and then going to get some nice ones on next :)

Not sure on the alloys, I actually like the look of the car, as I say going for street sleeper, just need to get something wider on the back as you say at some point for the extra grip..

Can't see me going the chrome route though, fancy something subtle, will see what the crazes are next year in the USA and take it from there...

Already investigated the TOMS ARS Canceller, that will be going on when the ARS breaks, the suspension does need tweaking, may just do the TRD sways for now as they made a big difference on the IS!

For now just need to get the timing belt sorted and then it's game on from there!!