Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would I Buy A 220d Again

Haf

Having had my company 220d for 4 months and 10,000 miles i thought i'd post some comments. My overall impression is that its a great package and decent value for money - company carwise. The main thing that has disapointed me and would probably prevent me getting another in 3 years is the fuel/gearbox combination in that I don't think its very easy to drive i.e 1st/2nd gear usage is a bit rough and just doesn't feel right, plus 6th gear is pretty useless (crawling on motorway queues is just a pain), whichever way you look at it fuel consumption is not great. My personal view is that the 320D is so much better in this area - smooth, economical etc. Hoever the MM is just fantastic with Bluetooth integration, satnav, dvd etc and its worth getting the car just for these. The way the car looks is also superb and you can't fault the features/gadgets.

So as much as I love the car, if the diesel engine/gearbox stay the same then i'm not sure i'd go for it again - particularly if others step up to MM package levels.

However if lexus come out with a smooth 220D Auto then I will definatly get again!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links