Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So it gets slated for the most trivial points:

Assets

Superlative refinement, great new looks, limousine ride quality, it parks itself.

Drawbacks

Really rather soulless, engine lacks low down grunt, grabby brakes.

"It could also do with one or two small, thoughtful features to surprise and delight the driver as well, such as the knurled aluminium rotary buttons Audi does so well."

The articles forget to mention how Audi autoboxes (and mercs) all seem to need rebuilding after 100k miles, whereas Lexus ones don't...I'd rather have a reliable car than fancy rotary buttons!

"Image is the missing ingredient that has prevented Lexus scoring the success in Europe it has enjoyed for years in the US and at no point in the range is this felt more acutely than here, at the top."

"The danger with small-capacity, high-output engines is that although they will ultimately deliver the power at high revs, they pay the price at the low engine speeds, where such cars tend to live their lives. And so it proves with the LS. In fact, you have to be revving the engine at 4,100rpm before it will deliver maximum torque and if you let the revs fall much below 3,000rpm it can feel rather sluggish."

They can't really find anything wrong with it apart from trivial points, so they throw up the whole, oh, it's got a crap image compared to a S class. That's all subjective.

For a 4.6 litre V8 mega luxury car capable of 0-60 in 5.7 secs, their quote on fuel economy is the understatement of the year..

"The LS460 is actually pretty frugal, returning 25.4mpg on the combined consumption cycle. With an 18.5 gallon fuel tank, that should mean an easy 400 mile range between refills"

Oh well, can't wait for it to depreciate by 80% over the next 5 years, so I can pick up on in 2011!!! :lol:

Contrast the UK roadtest with the AMerican roadtest here

positive LS460 review

19 speakers in the car!!!

Here is how the 19 speakers are laid out:

Six titanium cone speakers will be arranged across the dash

a woofer will be located in each front door

three speakers will be in each rear door

four satellite speakers will be in the rear roof pillars

a woofer will be located in the rear package shelf.

The hybrid version is so quiet that "The LS600h L is expected to be the quietest car ever made. It is so quiet that engineers had to go back to the drawing board to redesign all the electric motors and switches because they were becoming noticeable for the first time."

19 speakers thats a lot

and like you said in a few years we might be able to pay one nice and cheap

i think the Ls range are one of the best cars in the world if they get even quieter it would be even better

the only thing quieter is a prius, at slow speeds, they are eerie. if the LS was any quieter, every owner would end up getting points for doing 100 in a 30 zone!

First time I drove my LS was immediately after dropping off delivery driver at railway station. Drove 30 metres and almost ran down a pedestrian who had not heard me.

Two years later I am used to these near-misses!

I love the fact that the reviewers effectively thought it was understated...

Job well done by the design boys I say, surely 'the best but not shouting about it' is the whole idea.

However, I think it could even stand a little pimpin in the right hands... I think it will take over from S class and Escalade as the gangsta's choice! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links