Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New(ish) Lexus, New(ish) Member

shim

Welcome to LOC :)

When do you pick up the car then, and what colour did you go for?

Hope you enjoy it mate :D

thanks for all the welcomes

i should have one within the next fortnight. i have a *cough* contact in lexus who's keeping an eye out for me. anything but green, really. so black, silver or gun metal grey i suppose. blue would be ok.

been trying to figure out the difference between the IS200 and IS200 sport. is there a simple explanation?

i should have one within the next fortnight. i have a *cough* contact in lexus who's keeping an eye out for me. anything but green, really. so black, silver or gun metal grey i suppose. blue would be ok.

been trying to figure out the difference between the IS200 and IS200 sport. is there a simple explanation?

Hello and welcome....

Sport also has nicer pedals and steering wheel.....

What do you mean " blue would be ok" ?......... blue is the BEST colour :P :P :P

Better still get an RS200 instead..... in blue of course :winky:

Hello and welcome....

Sport also has nicer pedals and steering wheel.....

What do you mean " blue would be ok" ?......... blue is the BEST colour :P :P :P

Better still get an RS200 instead..... in blue of course :winky:

As Noel said blue is the best. I'll have mine on Friday Hopefully. Blue RS200! I know a place that has 2 more in Stock if ur interested shim Think they are silver though! I can find out if interested.

As Noel said blue is the best. I'll have mine on Friday Hopefully. Blue RS200! I know a place that has 2 more in Stock if ur interested shim Think they are silver though! I can find out if interested.

nice one, yeah. drop me a PM. what sort of year/price/mileage?

nice one, yeah. drop me a PM. what sort of year/price/mileage?

What year are you looking for and whats your budget?

All i can say is ... I spent 6 months looking for the right IS200, but one day when coming back from another IS200 viewing, In a fit of "maddness" as some called it i went for a test drive in an Altezza RS200, at first i was disappointed as it seemed to be a bit dead so i said this to the garage assistant accompaning me... "you gotta wind it up mate" was his reply, Sooooo... dropped it down a gear and floored and red lined it in every gear and i can tell you i didn't stop grinning for the rest of the day.... that was it no longer could i even consider an IS200 after that......

So before you part with the readies ... take anAltezzaRS200 for a test drive and give it welly and see if it's for you..... :winky:

Be sure it's a four cylinder RS not a six cylinder AS as some dealers are either a bit thick or trying to pull a fast one....

btw ... a quick look on "carzone" lists 50+ altezzas for sale... so it's a buyers market thesedays.... ;)

the budget only stretches to 12k, unfortunately. 15k max if i fall in love with something. i'm under 25 and on a provisional so the insurance on an rs200 would probably be more than the price of the car. as it is i'm paying 1800 for a 1332cc corolla and the only quote i can get for an is200 is 2800, the only one without a 4k excess anyways.

i'm probably in the 1998-2000 range for the money i'm talking about.

• 2 weeks later...