Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phones In Cars

davepruce

Off topic (which I was not the first to mention).

Everything mentioned about smoking so far concerns STATISTICAL EVIDENCE, not SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE which I clearly stated. There is a difference, but there I am just ignorant and know nothing obviously as pointed out by some who cannot read what was written.

Cannot remember mentioning anybodies rights either, but I do support non-smokers right to congregate in a non-smoking establishment and vice versa.

Statistically most accidents are caused by people who are not smoking at the time, so it might be safer if everyone was made to smoke while driving. :lol:

so it might be safer if everyone was made to smoke while driving

You sound like a very selfish person when it comes to smoking, it would be much easier if everything you didn't need to do at the wheel of a vehicle was banned, drinking, smoking, eating etc but it wouldn't be possible to be policed and would they all have the same penalty!

At the end of the day all you can do is follow the law, you can't change it only voice your opinion on it, if you break it face the consequences.

But why people want to smoke i'll never know, it makes you stink, makes you ill, harms others around you, especially people who smoke around children, they don't have a choice, nothing worse than seeing a family car with the driver smoking, not only that they cost £5 a pack and even then you get a box which warns you smoking kills before you open it! At least this time next year the ban on smoking will be here!

why did we not see thousands of bars, restaurants etc. open to non-smokers only?

We will this time next year!

What a coincidence that as i sit here reading and replying to this subject while watching London Tonight that one report is on the risks of eating behind the wheel!!

why did we not see thousands of bars, restaurants etc. open to non-smokers only?

Bars would lose allot of business if they where non-smoking and to be honest you've got to be crazy to turn away paying customers if you own a bar, restaurant etc. All businesses care about is the money, why should they be bothered about people's health when they are raking in the money. I think this is going slightly Off Topic now.... :)

Everything mentioned about smoking so far concerns STATISTICAL EVIDENCE, not SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE which I clearly stated. There is a difference, but there I am just ignorant and know nothing obviously as pointed out by some who cannot read what was written.

Cannot remember mentioning anybodies rights either, but I do support non-smokers right to congregate in a non-smoking establishment and vice versa.

Statistically most accidents are caused by people who are not smoking at the time, so it might be safer if everyone was made to smoke while driving. :lol:

Allot of accidents are also caused by people fiddling with their stereo's or trying to get a tape in the tape deck whilst driving.

Bars would lose allot of business if they where non-smoking and to be honest you've got to be crazy to turn away paying customers if you own a bar, restaurant etc. All businesses care about is the money, why should they be bothered about people's health when they are raking in the money. I think this is going slightly Off Topic now.... :)

Allot of accidents are also caused by people fiddling with their stereo's or trying to get a tape in the tape deck whilst driving. Smokers like smoking....i like s*x but you don't see me doing it whilst I'm driving down the A15.....................i hope :lol:

so it might be safer if everyone was made to smoke while driving

You sound like a very selfish person when it comes to smoking, it would be much easier if everything you didn't need to do at the wheel of a vehicle was banned, drinking, smoking, eating etc but it wouldn't be possible to be policed and would they all have the same penalty!

At the end of the day all you can do is follow the law, you can't change it only voice your opinion on it, if you break it face the consequences.

But why people want to smoke i'll never know, it makes you stink, makes you ill, harms others around you, especially people who smoke around children, they don't have a choice, nothing worse than seeing a family car with the driver smoking, not only that they cost £5 a pack and even then you get a box which warns you smoking kills before you open it! At least this time next year the ban on smoking will be here!

We will this time next year!

a coincidence that as i sit here reading and replying to this subject while watching London Tonight that one report is on the risks of eating behind the wheel!!

Who said I smoked? or is that someting you assumed? I have friends who smoke and I would never dream of complaining about it. After all, it is my choice if I mix with them in a smoky room.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links