Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Se-l With Sport Alloys

When I ordered the car, I asked the dealer whether it was possible to specify the Sport alloys on my SE-L and the answer was no.

I was told: "It's not possible"

I am not sure whether that means it's physically not possible... or that it's not offered as an option.

Went for the 18" Baransu alloys instead.

When I ordered my car I was told that they could pay extra and have the 18s. The dealer even had an SE-L with 18s on it's way to them that I could have but it was in the wrong colour. In the end I settled for standard 17s as I couldn't justify the extra money, plus I hate the fact that you pay extra for the 18s and you can't even sell the 17s to offset the total cost :angry:

Hi

Anyone know if it's possible to get the 18" alloys on the 250 Sport on to an SE-L?

Phil

Are you asking about the actual 18" fitted to the Sport or the dealer optional 18" Baransu & Hoshi? There are several people on here that have fitted 18" OEM Wheels to the SE or SE-L.

It's not a factory option in the UK (although it is in the States :angry: WTF?) In the UK if you ordered the 18" you also paid for the standard 17" , so presumably they came in the boot :unsure: .

You can also fit 19" custom wheels if you so desire. :P

18" Hoshis are £1200 if ordered with the new car & c.£1800 if purchased as an accessory.You can buy the less attractive,IMHO, Sport wheels as an accessory but I beleive the price is c.£2000 & you will not easily sell-on your 17".

Tel :driving:

Hi

Anyone know if it's possible to get the 18" alloys on the 250 Sport on to an SE-L?

Phil

Are your asking about the actual 18" fitted to the Sport or the dealer optional 18" Baransu & Hoshi? There are several people on here that have fitted 18" OEM Wheels to the SE or SE-L.

It's not a factory option in the UK (although it is in the States :angry: WTF?) In the UK if you ordered the 18" you also paid for the standard 17" , so presumably they came in the boot :unsure: .

You can also fit 19" custom wheels if you so desire. :P

£1200.00 is the upgrade price from 17" to 18's . :o and no the 17"s are not in the boot.

I think its a rip off paying £1200 for 1 inch bigger rims when you can buy a set with tyres on for that much and put the OEM 17's in the garage.

....sorry, are you telling me you pay £1200.00 for the 18" and you don't receive the standard 17" that were on the car from the factory???

When I bought my SE-L I was told that the car was only available from the factory with the 17" rims, but they would fit either of the optional 18" (Hoshi or Barantsu) for £1200 and I would end up with the 17".

Rip-off springs to mind.

I can purchase a set of 18"Hoshi or Barantsu in Texas for $995.00, that's £526.46p at todays exchange rate, and have the original 17" on my IS200.

....sorry, are you telling me you pay £1200.00 for the 18" and you don't receive the standard 17" that were on the car from the factory???

When I bought my SE-L I was told that the car was only available from the factory with the 17" rims, but they would fit either of the optional 18" (Hoshi or Barantsu) for £1200 and I would end up with the 17".

Rip-off springs to mind.

I can purchase a set of 18"Hoshi or Barantsu in Texas for $995.00, that's £526.46p at todays exchange rate and have the original 17" on my IS200.

I agree - total ripoff. I'd rather leave the 17"'s on and lower it...I reckon it'd look cool enough. My problem is all of the speedhumps where I live...I wonder if it's possible to ship the US ones to the UK and still get 'em for £loadsless...even after adding shipping costs...

I was going to carry them back two at a time :D but decided on 19" Volks which are available in the UK for about the same price as the USA (and quite a bit more than the OEM's).

As they are imported from Japan there's no reason for there to be a great price difference and the delivery in the UK is only a tenner. But the difference in the OEM price between the US and UK does indicate that Lexus UK are taking the pi$$ :angry: .

I will be hand carrying the IS250 Eibach spring set back with me though (£130) :P . Drop will be 1.4" on the front and 1" on the back.

Rip-off springs to mind.

I can purchase a set of 18"Hoshi or Barantsu in Texas for $995.00, that's £526.46p at todays exchange rate and have the original 17" on my IS200.

You are so right.

I,ve been waiting 5 months for my SEL to arrive, back in July the dealer offered me a cancelled order, the same colour/spec everything except the car was oringinally ordered with 18" Baransu's on.

The dealer couldnt or wouldnt change them for 17's and wanted an additional £1200ish for the car with the bigger wheels on. I asked if the 17's came with it also for that price and i was refered to the options list showing the Baransu's as an upgrade option at £1250.00

Cancelled order stayed a cancelled order and its still in the showroom now.

£1250 does not appear steep when you consider BumW charge £1300 for their up-grade &,if like me, you have selected the 15 spoke Hoshi-style as per the LOC USA body kit fotos, the car looks awesome with the wheel-arches filled aided by the mudflaps!

I luv Big Wheels so to me the cost is justified.

Tel :driving: