Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shocks Goosed

Hank B

:blink:

My front shocks are goosed, I'd been hearing a knocking noise for a while and having read other threads

I thought it was the strut top. But i took her in for a checkup and the doc says my drivers side shock is bust

and the passenger side will be sure to follow.

who thinks I should just bin them and get a nice set of coilovers??

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Aug 17 2006, 03:44 PM)

:blink:

My front shocks are goosed, I'd been hearing a knocking noise for a while and having read other threads

I thought it was the strut top. But i took her in for a checkup and the doc says my drivers side shock is bust

and the passenger side will be sure to follow.

who thinks I should just bin them and get a nice set of coilovers??

Hi mate

I had the same problem but it was the passenger side!

Bought two new ones from this site!

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/shock-absorbers-lexus.php

Took just over 2hrs to change them over

:winky:

Hi,

Are the shocks leaking fluid?

If its a knocking noise i wouldnt be so sure its the shocks,if the balance of the car is good and its not floatly it could be a ball joint or bush problem.

Chips..

It's definately leakin fluid so it's def the shock.

The handling on the car is terrible so I was gonna go for coilovers any way, just couldn't really afford to.

Now I have an excuse though! :D

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Aug 18 2006, 11:46 AM)

Treats, are those uprated shocks or just standard replacements?

Definately a better price than I had thought! :)

hi mate,

There exactly the same make (KYB) as the originals. So id say standard replacements!

They come as a matching pair when bought and i'd say £108 delivered for a set, isnt a bad price at all.

Now if you just want one to get you through Your MOT i have a spare drivers side that you can have.

Then after the MOT get your self a nice set coilovers.

PM me if you want the shock.

Martyn :winky:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hank B @ Aug 18 2006, 11:46 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

hi mate,

There exactly the same make (KYB) as the originals. So id say standard replacements!

They come as a matching pair when bought and i'd say £108 delivered for a set, isnt a bad price at all.

Now if you just want one to get you through Your MOT i have a spare drivers side that you can have.

Cheers for the offer bud, it's ok though, my mot aint for a couple of months so I should be able to save enough for a set by then. I hope! :D

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hank B @ Aug 18 2006, 11:46 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

hi mate,

Cheers for the offer bud, it's ok though, my mot aint for a couple of months so I should be able to save enough for a set by then. I hope! :D

Ok, mate no worries.

i just didnt have much coin to spend on her at the time of the MOT after havin 4 new tyres. So buying the replacement shocks was the cheapest option.