Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Happy Dealer Experience

Thought I'd share this in light of the many negative Lexus dealer stories on this site.

Collected my IS250 from the dealer today after its first service (15000km's). The loan car was an RX350 with less than 1000km's on the odo! The car was detailed inside and out to showroom standards (even where the wheel nuts go were cleaned of brake pad dust!) and then the service managered advised me the total bill was.....$0. :D :) :) Is this normal? I was expecting about $400. Friend just had his BMW325i for same service with the bill coming to $900!

In 19 years of driving, this is the first time I've left a car yard not feeling like a bunny. :P

Thought I'd share this in light of the many negative Lexus dealer stories on this site.

Collected my IS250 from the dealer today after its first service (15000km's). The loan car was an RX350 with less than 1000km's on the odo! The car was detailed inside and out to showroom standards (even where the wheel nuts go were cleaned of brake pad dust!) and then the service managered advised me the total bill was.....$0. :D :) :) Is this normal? I was expecting about $400. Friend just had his BMW325i for same service with the bill coming to $900!

In 19 years of driving, this is the first time I've left a car yard not feeling like a bunny. :P

Free servicing - was it part of the deal when you bought your car ?

Certainly don't get free servicing in the UK, I just paid £174.00 for a 10,000 mile service on the IS220d.

Certainly don't get free servicing in the UK, I just paid £174.00 for a 10,000 mile service on the IS220d.

No mention of it when I bought the car. just a nice suprise! :P

No mention of it when I bought the car. just a nice suprise! :P

A most pleasant suprise i'm sure!

What's the chances my next service will be £0... :duh:

This happened to me once at an Audi dealership.

Mind you I was sleeping with the Service Receptionist at the time. And we were married. Come to think of it, taking into account the last 18 years, it probably wasn't that cheap.