Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Tyres For New Alloys

ParviSingh

Is this site becoming a bargain basement...???? Alot of people are lately moaning about the price of everything..Does everybody want everything for free nowadays? Even £450 is too expensive for a complete TRD bodykit... :duh: Normally just the side skirts are nearly £400 ;)

Lighten up people you aint getting things for free.. realise when you are onto a good thing ;)

To be honest mate, I'd buy the Toyo Proxes T1-S or T1-R and chuck those on - they're about 40 quid more a corner, but they stick to the road well in pretty much any condition - the last thing I'd want to see you posting in three months time is that you've written the car off as you lost the backend in the wet due to tyres which don't really suit the IS' handling and the backend snapped......

For the sake of another 160 quid it's well worth the peace of mind fella!

What do you want to do with the car?

Cheap tyres are cheap for a reason - and one day will bite you hard when you least expect it.

£50 tyres are going to be bobbins mate - go for some toyo proxies, I can recommend the Continental ContiSport II's - they grip they don't wear too hard - they will last and you wont end up up-side-down in a ditch.

You will get what you pay for ultimately - expect to replace them after a few thousand miles.

Oh and if you're looking for centre caps for 18" TTE's and you got them from eBay there was a thread on here about them and they looked a bit dodge - have they turned up yet? I could be wrong mind.

Seriously though fella - don't skimp on tyres, you've got a Lexus, not a 1 litre F Reg fiesta. What is the speed rating on the cheapo's you're looking at?

Sorry if I seem like I'm ranting fella - just trying to help you out here. :winky:

What do you want to do with the car?

Cheap tyres are cheap for a reason - and one day will bite you hard when you least expect it.

£50 tyres are going to be bobbins mate - go for some toyo proxies, I can recommend the Continental ContiSport II's - they grip they don't wear too hard - they will last and you wont end up up-side-down in a ditch.

You will get what you pay for ultimately - expect to replace them after a few thousand miles.

Oh and if you're looking for centre caps for 18" TTE's and you got them from eBay there was a thread on here about them and they looked a bit dodge - have they turned up yet? I could be wrong mind.

Seriously though fella - don't skimp on tyres, you've got a Lexus, not a 1 litre F Reg fiesta. What is the speed rating on the cheapo's you're looking at?

Sorry if I seem like I'm ranting fella - just trying to help you out here. :winky:

thanks for your advise, this has helped alot, yeah i`m better of getting good tyres than cheap, also i was thinking of ge the car lowered, any advice on springs???

The cheapest way is to get the Eibach springs for the IS - they're that good that even TTE sell them under their own brand!

They really transform the car and all for less than 200 quid - if you want to spend more then you could look at a set of coilovers but that's probably more than you'd want to do to start off with?