Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Combined Front Led Indicator & Sidelights

Mr Morse

A new product hot off the shelf......combined LED front indicator & sidelights:

How it works:

- Firstly you'll need either clear front lenses (standard on the IS300, the orange tabs are removeable on the IS200)

- Replace the standard 7440 single filament bulb holder with a dual filament 7443 bulb holder (cheap as chips from a breaker's yard)

- Connect a wire from the +ve wire on the sidelight to the indicator

- Connect a load resistor across the indicator +ve and ground wires

Hey presto.......when the sidelights are on, the bulb glows white, when the turn signal is made the bulb glows amber!

Here's a couple of pictures from the test bench. I'll be fitting these to my MR2 over the next few days.

Indicator_White.jpg

Indicator_Amber.jpg

They look nice Mike, You have goto be the LED Freak of LOC !

Would be nice to see them actually on the IS ......... if you are going to put them on that too ?

Yep.....they'll be going on the IS (as soon as I get my hands on her again!) :blink:

The bulbs shown are an 1157 type for the MR2, but the principle is exactly the same

These look fantastic! I want some!

Will anyone offer to remove my horrid orange filter from my headlights?

I'll make it worth their while!!?

I have had a go at it but unfortunatly just turned the inside of my headlights into a waterfall! I have new late spec headlights now but just can't bring myself to take them apart!!

These look great Mr Morse!

I've gotta say that's is a pretty cunning mod :)

Sadly not for me as I've never really been a fan of the US style running lights, but keep up the good work though, perhaps not LED freak but LED Guru..... :whistling:

The wiring isn't that difficult.....If someone can provide a donor IS, I'll do a pictorial "How To Do"

I've already done the MR2 (a pair of dual filament bulb holders scavved from a Carina cost me an awesome £1 from a local breaker)....looks excellent :D

Will take some pics when it's dark for the full effect!

Cost depends on how many are interested....the more the cheaper :D

My supplier is the US is currently out of stock of these bulbs with the wedge 7443 dual filament.

What I would recommend is at the same time to fit a pair of 1156 rear LED indicator bulbs plus a pair of 3 ohm load resistors at the rear - one pair of 3 ohm LR's is good for both front and rear LED indicators, and it's a damn sight easier to fit a single pair them at the rear.

What I can't supply are the dual filament wedge 7443 bulb holders Toyota don't sell these separately and only supply the complete wiring loom, most of which is unused.

They shouldn't be too difficult to find, I've had no trouble getting them for the MR2 and at £2 a pair are a fraction of the price of the complete wiring loom.

For anyone interested in doing this mod I suggest you start scouting around your local breakers yards for a pair of the bulb holders. They are common to many later Toyota models as well as Lexus. It's a good idea to try and leave a good length of wiring still attached when you cut them off the donor vehicle as you'll need to splice this into the existing IS wiring.

Other bits n pieces you'll need are a few Scotch Loks, male/female spade connectors and a crimping tool - available from Maplins.

Prices for a pair of the 7443 bulbs will be around £35 - £38 a pair, including shipping.

These bulb holders, do they fit straight into the front lights and what lights do they come off the doner car, front, back?

Depends which donor vehicle the come off, there are several types. All of which can be made to fit simply by trimming down the locating lugs with a Stanley knife. Normally the 7443 are on the front of the car.

They're looking good Mike, will have to meet up soon and then I can check all these goodies out on your car!

What happened at 24 seconds in, sounds like your piles were aggravating or some young girl was doing something to you :o

• 3 weeks later...