Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help, Is Scratched

Hi guys,

Just got back to my car in town and found that someone had scraped down the drivers side.

Luckily the main scratches are on both doors rubbing strips, pretty deaply. But there is no dents and only one or two scratches on the actual doors (although one is quite big, but not deep).

Lexus just quoted me £70 per strip pre painted, which seems quite a bit since the ones there just need a respray (depending on cost)

Was wondering if anyone had any platnum silver ones (end of 1999 model) that were going cheap and if you guys knew how they are fixed (glued or bolted), also any advice on what you suggest I do about it?, have lexus fix it, my mates garrage or do it myself. Buy new ones or repaint the old.

Any advice would be massivly welcome.

So stressed right now :angry:

Thanks guys

Thanks guys, i hate taking the door pannels off, so its good news that they peal off.

I am finding out how much my mates garrage will charge just to respray.

any idea where would be the best hope of getting em from a breakers yard?

They got none round here :(

I don't know whether its true or not, but I've heard from Lexus that because of the way they are stuck down, its not possible to remove those strips without bending them so much that they are no longer useable - might be worth a go though :winky:

Sorry to hear about the damage tho, inexcusable for someone to do that and then drive away :angry:

Hi guys,

Just got back to my car in town and found that someone had scraped down the drivers side.

Luckily the main scratches are on both doors rubbing strips, pretty deaply. But there is no dents and only one or two scratches on the actual doors (although one is quite big, but not deep).

Lexus just quoted me £70 per strip pre painted, which seems quite a bit since the ones there just need a respray (depending on cost)

Was wondering if anyone had any platnum silver ones (end of 1999 model) that were going cheap and if you guys knew how they are fixed (glued or bolted), also any advice on what you suggest I do about it?, have lexus fix it, my mates garrage or do it myself. Buy new ones or repaint the old.

Any advice would be massivly welcome.

So stressed right now :angry:

Thanks guys

This is similar sort of damage to what I got back in February!!!

Luckily someone witnessed mine, and got the culprits registration details.

Getting mine sorted out (finally) after their insurer's admitted liabilty.

Car going in tomorrow (Thurs 24th). :)

Wonder what loan car i'll get... (not Lexus/Toyota - their insurers are providing "like-for-like" car).

Inicidently, the quote I got for repairs came to over a grand! (including sorting out the alloy!)

D.