Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2jz-ge And 2jz-gte

Ok i have a question. Can anyone please tell me the main differences 2JZ-GE and 2JZ-GTE? Came up in a discussion and i felt like a dolt! So please help!!

Oh and don't all you clever asses go telling me that the GTE has twin turbos :P

Different internals and compression ratios on the GE and GTE as the GTE is fed by the turbos it has a lower compression ratio, different pistons and rods due to the heat from the combustion cycle and different throttle bodies. A few things are positioned differently too and look a bit different

What's the size of the TB on the GTE?

Has anyone ever fitted an 80mm LS400 TB to either a GE or GTE?

Mike what you want is an Infinity Q45 90mm throttle body ;) plenty of adaptors available too if its not a straight fit

I think the throttle body is about 3" so roughly 75mm although i could be wrong i am taking an educated guess

What's the size of the TB on the GTE?

Has anyone ever fitted an 80mm LS400 TB to either a GE or GTE?

Mike what you want is an Infinity Q45 90mm throttle body ;) plenty of adaptors available too if its not a straight fit

I think the throttle body is about 3" so roughly 75mm although i could be wrong i am taking an educated guess

Hmmmm......sounds interesting

That works out approx 45% bigger!

yep the q45 is the biggest you can get, i have one sat here...i also have a mustang throttle body if you want to go at fitting that it has a opening of 120mm

So is the Q95 TB a direct fit then Mat?

nope an adaptor is needed, the mustang one certainly isnt......

but it would fit your N/a inlet manifold better than the supras one...if you was interested as it could be mounted directly to the plenum, as it sits along the line of the engine....comes with TPS aswell

whereas the q45, sits on the end of the plenum, so would be an easier fit for my needs

Edited by Monster-Mat

OK...some confusion here :blink:

Could either of you point me in the direction of either a custom or off the shelf adaptor?

Lol i'll bow to matts superior knowledge he pointed me in the direction of these throttle bodies a while ago i may have seen one being sold with a custom adaptor which is what may have thrown me

yep the q45 is the biggest you can get, i have one sat here...i also have a mustang throttle body if you want to go at fitting that it has a opening of 120mm

but the Q45 TB is not a fly-by-wire TB so it won't work without some major modifications to the whole sheebang. If I were you I'd take a look at the Vertex or Soope TB's