Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Differences Between Rs200 And Rs200-z Edition?

hansc

was trying to look for this info but to no avail....... anyone can tell wat is the main differences between these two variant? seems to me that the body weight is slightly different where the Z edition is heavier by some 30kg.......

thanks!!! any comments on the super live sound system?

Looking at what it has, it looks the same as the one we have in the IS200. Which is excellent, can't see any point in upgrading it, apart from the ERR3 messages

everyone goes on about the bloody ERR3 problem, its only an issue on the earlier units

Looking at what it has, it looks the same as the one we have in the IS200. Which is excellent, can't see any point in upgrading it, apart from the ERR3 messages

everyone goes on about the bloody ERR3 problem, its only an issue on the earlier units

I was trying to help a member out, sorry if that offended you.

I wasn't aware that they didn't make early models of the RS200-Z edition.

I was trying to help a member out, sorry if that offended you.

I wasn't aware that they didn't make early models of the RS200-Z edition.

you didnt offend me, pointing out that everyone makes issue of the err3.

incidently the units in Japan are different to the Uk headunits, the japanese units are manufactured by Pioneer, the Uk units by fujitsu

hhhmmmmm.......if i am buying some imports from Japan, then can i safely say that the altezza is less prone for the ERR3 problem?

Well mine ( bottom loading slot) didn't get the ERR3 problem but it did act up if i put in more than 3 cds at a time... got ERR1 a few times.... I have since changed it for an aftermarket unit.

Best advice is the older ones had the cd loading slot at the bottom and the newer ones have it at the top....

go for the top loading ones :)

This should help.....

CLICK ME!

:winky:

Well according to this spec mine is a Z edition too, (didn't realise that!) Has all the spec the Z edition has and some more! Mine has HID headlights, Sat Nav, Tv Tuner, (was picking up the simpsons on theway home from work!) Not sure if these are standard on the Z edition, if they are.... sorry for being such a noob!!

Well the easiest way to check if you have a Z-edition is to look at the VIN plate..... does the model no. end with the letter Z or L .... :winky:

Look at the Vin plate in this post....... HERE

you might as well check if it came with a limited slip differential as well while your at it......as per that link :winky:

• 1 year later...
Hey Everyone,

I've migrated here from MyIS due to the lack of information on the Z-edition on the forums in America. Apologies for bumping such an old thread, but does anyone have the engine specs on the RS200 Z-Edition with 6 speed ?

Hello,

Z edition is more cosmetic as the engine is the same.... :winky:

what specs are you referring to in particular?

Hey Everyone,

I've migrated here from MyIS due to the lack of information on the Z-edition on the forums in America. Apologies for bumping such an old thread, but does anyone have the engine specs on the RS200 Z-Edition with 6 speed ?

Hello,

Well unlike you lucky Euro folk, we aren't allowed to import cars that aren't 15 years or older in Canada. I'm planning on sourcing a RS200 Z-edition (6speed transmission), get it cut in half and shipped over here from Japan for a conversion. I'm just wondering what the main differences between the US IS300 and RS200 Z-edition were. I had different sources telling me that the Altezza's were turbocharged from factory, while other sources were saying that the Z-edition came in leather. Other than being extremely confused, I just want to see someone list off what came standard with the car, how many were produced, what options they came with (color, interior, etc), as well as what the engines come with from factory. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Hey Everyone,

Hello,

Well unlike you lucky Euro folk, we aren't allowed to import cars that aren't 15 years or older in Canada. I'm planning on sourcing a RS200 Z-edition (6speed transmission), get it cut in half and shipped over here from Japan for a conversion. I'm just wondering what the main differences between the US IS300 and RS200 Z-edition were. I had different sources telling me that the Altezza's were turbocharged from factory, while other sources were saying that the Z-edition came in leather. Other than being extremely confused, I just want to see someone list off what came standard with the car, how many were produced, what options they came with (color, interior, etc), as well as what the engines come with from factory. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Hi,

look at post #2, has a "click me link" that shows what was standard and the options available ;)

RS200Z has a yamaha 3S-GE, 2000cc , 4 cylinder engine N/A with 210bhp as standard, they don't come with turbo's, although some turbo conversions were done by "TOM'S" think it was 100 (very rare)

IS300 is a 3000cc six cylinder N/A with 200+bhp as well

HTH :)

I have the later unit (CD slot at the top) and have had an ERR3. Managed to get it replaced just before the warranty ran out.

Hoping it doesn't happen again but I'll be going aftermarket if it does...