Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calipers For Gs300 Ii

gs300sport

Hi,

If the calipers arent sticking on all the time and are working fine then id keep your money in your pocket,from how your explaining the noise id say the clunking sound is more likey to be either a dry joint on a part of the suspension or something worn on the suspension.

Id say when you have the brakes on over bumps the worn part of the suspension is held in place by braking and loading up that part which is worn so its not moving above and so its not clunking with the brakes on.

Chips..

• 1 month later...

Strange how it stops when you apply the brakes going over bumps. Try re-torquing your wheels back up, sounds strange, but it can be your brakes rotating on the hub and knocking onto the lug bolts, take your wheel off and try turning the disc by hand, you'll notice it'll clunk back and fourth between the wheel studs, this is a poor design by toyota in my opinion, but the only thing holding them in place is the tightness of your lug nuts. Tighten them to between 80-90 ft lbs, and see if that makes a difference (make sure you do it in a criss cross pattern else your brakes are more likely to warp.

If that doesn't cure it, it could also be related to the brake pads and shims being loose, or more than likely your anti-roll bar bushes being craked or worn. It must be said, if you are applying the brakes, you are shifting the weight of the car forwards over the front suspension, hence compressing the suspension, which will tighten/tension all suspension components, hence lack of noise...

HTH

Paul

It's common for the GS series II front brakes to wear and start to clunk. It's not dangerous but new calipers are needed if you want to get rid of the noise. That's assuming you don't have cheap, badly fitting pads or missing clips/shims.

It's common for the GS series II front brakes to wear and start to clunk. It's not dangerous but new calipers are needed if you want to get rid of the noise. That's assuming you don't have cheap, badly fitting pads or missing clips/shims.

actually colin after i asked this question and you suggested the sliding pins i changed them and that got rid of the clunking noises. the pins are £7 each from your local toyota/lexus dealer and the clips are £50 for an axle set, anti rattle shims will set you back about £25

Excellent news! That's good value for the pins but the clips are expensive!

I recommend when the pads are changed (or every couple of years) that the sliding pins are cleaned and re-greased. What tends to happen is water gets in causing rust. This then causes wear (leading to the noise) and also may seize the caliper which then warps the disc.

Do you know the part number for the pins?

Excellent news! That's good value for the pins but the clips are expensive!

I recommend when the pads are changed (or every couple of years) that the sliding pins are cleaned and re-greased. What tends to happen is water gets in causing rust. This then causes wear (leading to the noise) and also may seize the caliper which then warps the disc.

Do you know the part number for the pins?

i'll look out the receipt it will be on there will post them up if i find them

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links