Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Real Lexus Is200 Roofbars?

While cleaning my IS200 Sportcross today I noticed that under the plastic strips down each side of the roof, which unclip quite easily, there is a channel with a few bolt heads in it.

To date I've made do with clampon roof bars, but does anyone know if Lexus do an accessory bolt on roof bar set? And if so what the price is please? Clampon roof bars are all very well, but I don't trust their load bearing abilities if I fitted one of those luggage thingies for a holiday.

Lexus have, of course removed all traces of the IS200 from their web site and a search reveals nothing.

i have only seen a clamp on set - if you open the doors and look at the area where the clamp would go you will see a recess in the body work for this.

dont worry about the load bearing - as long as you stick to the recommended limits you will be fine, I have a set of thule clamp on bars for a luggage box and snowboards and that is perfectly secure even as speeds of over 100mph

Lexus used to do roof rails as an accessory for the sportcross - put them on, then attach roofbars to them.

I was trying to get a pair for my sportcross at my last service but Lexus Milton Keynes said they can get them any more.

I'm still desperate for a pair - if you have any luck finding them let me know mate!

Si

Lexus used to do roof rails as an accessory for the sportcross - put them on, then attach roofbars to them.

I was trying to get a pair for my sportcross at my last service but Lexus Milton Keynes said they can get them any more.

I'm still desperate for a pair - if you have any luck finding them let me know mate!

Si

Interesting: that's what I'm after. So what happens if there's a Sportcross which has a gentle roll and needs these rails replacing I wonder?

Si

Interesting: that's what I'm after. So what happens if there's a Sportcross which has a gentle roll and needs these rails replacing I wonder?

Tough luck i imagine - but good question.

I use the Lexus OEM clamp roof bars on my IS200 - no problem, but you do have to make sure they are firmly clamped down. I've had kayaks on the roof without a problem (which has the wind resistance of a small house).... Only down sides is that they do make the car noiser and I still don't feel that they are as secure is those on my BMW or Golf previously - but to date this has not been born out by experience.

the roof bars will still be available, just that the dealer or Lexus GB cant be arsed to actually get them, there still lsited as an option in the US, Japan and Europe

Edited by Monster-Mat

the roof bars will still be available, just that the dealer or Lexus GB cant be arsed to actually get them, there still lsited as an option in the US, Japan and Europe

I tried with Lexus Milton Keyes - they rekoned there were non available at all. Anyone know any helpful lexus dealers then? MK and Hatfield are near me - & don't even mention Hatfield they are useless at aftersales.

I found this link for some - i'm waiting... hopefully for a reply on supplying them over to UK

http://lexusparts.stores.yahoo.net/sporroofrail.html

But any tips on a good dealer here would be a help guys!

si

Update guys!

Can't get roofrails for the sportcross from UK Lexus - tried 3 different dealers - no luck & no help!!

Can get tem from the links previously posted - would cost, sit down, $900 including shipping to UK.

They are genuine Lexus parts apparently too!

Need that exchange rate to keep climbing!!!!!!

• 8 years later...