Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up the newly-released UK SatNav disk today from those nice people at Lexus Guildford. I have not yet managed to persuade them to join the Club discount scheme but they gave a few quid off.

First disk swop in 3 years so don't feel too badly about the cost (£140 inc V.A.T. and coffee). Hopefully it will include new housing estates and stop trying to route me the wrong way up new one-way street schemes in London!

There is a little more functionality than the old disk but have not yet fully explored this. Same woman belting out instructions at regular intervals (I've had one for years before they even thought of sat nav).

When my GS, without Sat Nav, went in for service, I was given an 02 GS with Sat nav, quite the trick I thought, untill I realised that it didnt show my street, (which was built a mear 5 years ago.

So, question........ what the hell are Lexus doing releasing models which dont contain up to date info. In my humble opinion, the extra £2k or so to have the Lexus Navi System installed should at least warrent maps that actually bear a passing relation to the roads we drive on. And further more, after shelling out my £2k, I would like to think that, as with other software I purchase for large amounts of cash, ALL future updates are FOC.

And so endeth my sermon.

Andy

:arrrggg-matey:

Andy,

Funny you should say that. The nice salesman at Lexus Guildford (then Lexus Woking) told me when I went to buy the car that all future updates were at no cost. In fact Lexus were upgrading free until the mapping people had completed the UK then they started to charge.

The overzealous claims of an enthusistic salesman .....

In any event, the Lexus system seems to be the best around. Just wish i) they didn't cut off the programming when the car is in motion and ii) a TV tuner could be connected like Jags and BMs

Well, it's been *alledged* that the new DVD satnav disc will be released imminently. However, it will cost around 180 quid, regardless of vehicle purchase date.

It's also claimed that with the right codes, the ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING movement lockout on the nav system can be disabled.

Would be interesting to find out more info on either point ;)

Please if any one knows how to stop the car from preventing the sat nav from working at speed tell me !!!!!!! find my shelf sat at traffic lights on green cos of the bloody thing !!!

And complaining about roads and streets missing, try going through tyneside tunnel, loads of fun then, you find when you come out the other end your flying over the water... :yahoo:

£140+vat who has a CD burner then???

• 2 weeks later...

I know how to enable the satnav system to take route changes whilst the car is in motion, and how to connect DVD players to the built in screen. PM me if you want the low down :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links