Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarms On A Ferry

hi,

travelling to france next week and need to stop my alarm going on. If I lock the door with a key, not the fob, will it stop the alarm going off with the motion?

thanks

Double click the lock button - this will disable the ultrasonic sensor inside.

I think using the key should work, just remember the central locking doesn't work off the key, so lock all the other doors manually first :)

Is this for an IS or an RX? The IS doesn't have a way to disable the "I'm being towed" sensors, but the RX must do.....

Taken my RX many times on the ferry and have always locked the car with the alarm on and have never had a problem. I do not believe the RX has a vehicle motion sensor anyway, only the internal intusion sensor.

Or even an 'Intrusion Sensor' !!!!!!!!!

Taken my RX many times on the ferry and have always locked the car with the alarm on and have never had a problem. I do not believe the RX has a vehicle motion sensor anyway, only the internal intusion sensor.

many thanks for the info!!!! :D

many thanks for the info!!!! :D

I wouldnt worry about it too much, coming back from Nurburgring yest there were loads of car alarms going off on the ferry

If its only a short ferry ride it wront drain the Battery

Double click the lock button - this will disable the ultrasonic sensor inside.

I thought double clicking set the deadlocks? First click locks the car and arms the alarm and the second (big clunking noises :ph34r:) sets the deadlocks.

Might be wrong?

Think they changed it in one of the facelifts fella, basically on the older cars it does the disable the ultrasonic alarm, on newer ones it does the deadlocks..

Also have to admit I think there was a way of getting the older ones to deadlock as well - not sure which way around it was, but I think on mine, a 2000 model, if you pressed it twice quickly you got four flashes after the second press, disabling the ultrasonic, whereas pressing once, and waiting something like 10 seconds and pressing again you got a loud thud which I assume is the deadlocks activating?

It's all in the manual, just haven't got mine around :D

• 13 years later...

just read the manual for the rx200/350. double clicking the remote blip engages the deadlocks. to kill the intrusion sensor there is a button on the central roof console, default is for the sensor to be on so you need to deactivate every time you leave the car. locking without alarm is to use the key not the fob. must lock all other doors first.

• Like 1