Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Little Things That Could Make A World Of Difference...

And also, why is it that when you do see people driving with no lights on and you flash them nine times out of ten they take offence :o

Supprisesd you find the new system hard, ive used an old GS430 sat nav and it was great!

Then why does it need a 100+ page manual?

My Tom Tom 910 manages with 17 pages of only two thirds the size of those in the Lexus manual and using it is so obvious that you hardly need to read them anyway!

More importantly, the route calculation software on the 910 leaves the Lexus stuff standing, and it includes a speed camera data-base.

I tried to use the Lexus navigator on two obvious routes today. choosing the "quickest" option - on both occasions it ignored the by-pass around our local town and tried to take me through the town centre. Either it's map data-base is ancient or it's algorithms are crap.

The manual for the TomTom 910 is 80 pages long while the Lexus is just over 100 and a lot of that is screen shots.

With the Lexus the actual "this is how you enter a route" is about 40 pages long, the rest of it is how to personalise the system. At the end of the day I guess it is what you are used to. I picked up my car and set my destination as home without even reading the manual. I've used the Tom Tom and while it is a good piece of kit, for a portable system I personally do not like having these devices on the windscreen. And it seems to take forever to calculate a route.

I guess we must be looking at different manuals . . . . . :)

The Lexus navigator is my fourth - and on initial imression, by far the worst. Perhaps it will grow on me.