Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner Rx300 Sel

Hi guys,

I have just changed my GS300 for a 2003/53 RX300 SEL (Mk 2). The car has no owner manual at this moment, one is on order, but I noticed a switch/button below the wing mirror control called 'AFS' which can be switched off (light comes up on dashboard to warn when it is switched off). Problem is, I dont know what I am switching off! Can anyone advise what this relates to? It may be something to do with the adaptive front lighting or the front and rear parking sensors (which were fitted to this car).

I am aware of the (usual) Lexus Alloy Wheel issues (this one has had all four replaced under warranty) and the 'sluggish/lurching' gear box (which does not seem to be a problem with this car)(yet!) but was wondering if you were aware of any other 'common' issues with this car?

I bought the car from an independant dealer and it has only around 1 month left on the standard 3 year warranty so am hoping to find any issues before it runs out.

All comments appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve

Hi guys,

I have just changed my GS300 for a 2003/53 RX300 SEL (Mk 2). The car has no owner manual at this moment, one is on order, but I noticed a switch/button below the wing mirror control called 'AFS' which can be switched off (light comes up on dashboard to warn when it is switched off). Problem is, I dont know what I am switching off! Can anyone advise what this relates to? It may be something to do with the adaptive front lighting or the front and rear parking sensors (which were fitted to this car).

I am aware of the (usual) Lexus Alloy Wheel issues (this one has had all four replaced under warranty) and the 'sluggish/lurching' gear box (which does not seem to be a problem with this car)(yet!) but was wondering if you were aware of any other 'common' issues with this car?

I bought the car from an independant dealer and it has only around 1 month left on the standard 3 year warranty so am hoping to find any issues before it runs out.

All comments appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve

ASF works the swiveling head lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Damer.

Owners Manual finally arrived but now realise that there is a separate one for the Sat Nav system (trying to get it ordered). Managed to figure out most of the simple operations with the Sat Nav but the Map button also has 'Voice' under it. I assume this means you can programme voice commands to the system. Anyone know how to do this?

Also trying to figure out how to get the screen to go darker at night. The Menu has some functions in it to set up the screen in Day and Night mode but seems to make little difference (wrt to light intensity) no matter which combinations of Auto, 1, 2, 3 or 4 are chosen. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve