Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spacers?

waddy

My eibachs should be turning up soon and i can't wait to get them fitted - woo hoo, a bit of happy wee just escaped :blink:

My only concern is the fact that I am keeping the standard wheels and the fact that due to the rear camber of the car they will disappear into the arched even more than they do now. I was thinking about putting a 10mm spacer on each of the rears to bring the stance out a bit.

Has anyone else done this with stock rims?

I fitted 15mm spacers to the front of the MR2 to stop the inner tyre rubbing on the coilover springs.

Anything above a 5mm spacer and you'll also need to fit longer studs....a PITA job

Make sure that the spacers are hubcentric otherwise you may get wobble.

Have a looky here:

H&R SPACERS

My eibachs should be turning up soon and i can't wait to get them fitted - woo hoo, a bit of happy wee just escaped :blink:

My only concern is the fact that I am keeping the standard wheels and the fact that due to the rear camber of the car they will disappear into the arched even more than they do now. I was thinking about putting a 10mm spacer on each of the rears to bring the stance out a bit.

I assume u mean just the springs and not coil overs? with spring u will be perfectly fine and wont need to do anything.

I assume u mean just the springs and not coil overs? with spring u will be perfectly fine and wont need to do anything.

I think he means fitting spacers for cosmetic rather than mechanical reasons ;)

Yeah - as mike says - just don't want the rear of the car to look ghey :winky:

Saw a tezza at the D1 yesterday and it didn't look quite right where it had been dropped, wheels just disappeared into the arches.

Hi Mark,

I ran 6mm spacers on stock OEM 17s (both 5 spoke lexus 17s and sportdesigns 17s)

They were fine with stock studs, anymore though and you would need longer studs.

Made huge difference to the stance of the car, well worth it. Have alook in my garage for a pics.. (OEM 17s no spacers, multispoke sport designs rims with spacers)

Cheers mate - where did you get them from outta interest?

Surprising what 6mm can do isn't it :)

I got em from HELLFORDS :lol:

Defo one of the BEST mods you can do to improve the stance of the car

Don't go more than 5mm with the standard studs. This is where you heard it!!!!!!!!

I ran 6mm, no probs, thats on stock rims though... aftermarket things change so don't quote me on those..

I run 10mm on the rear of my 9.5x19s :D

But i Do have longer studs all round for those :winky:

Cheers Am - will have a look when I get the springs on and see what it all looks like - prolly have to dodge the RICERS at Halfords and get some to improve the stance as you say - i reckon it will look ghey otherwise.

Mike - cheers for the 5mm tip. If I need to go any more I'll get longer studs.

Tracey will love you a long time if you can manage more than 5mm :o

Seeing as the spacers increase the width between the wheels does this have any effect on handling at all?

• 3 weeks later...

How did you get on with this mate? I see you fitted the springs - do you need the spacers?

Just want to know because I have some TTE springs in the boot ready to put on (along with some TRD yellow ARBs - thanks to Mike :D ) and I'm thinking the same thing about the rear wheels being too deep in the arches afterwards!

And slightly :offtopic: , but did you get them bits from Mike yet? I'm looking forward to seeing them put to use!

Strange... :blink: Got them in my IS (just).

Had to lean the driver and passenger seats right back to get them in and then lower the passenger seat as low as it would go to get them pushed across far enough to raise the back of the drivers seat back up in order to drive the car. :duh: Bit fiddly but I wanted to keep them in the original boxes for waddy.

Just glad I had a hatchback to drive all the way down to Nottingham with them!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links