Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing Fog Lights?

DeathBy240

To pass inspection in Canada, I need to put daytime running lights in my 1991 Soarer GTTL. So as soon as aI turn the car on, I need to have lights on. I saw posts about how to wire the turning lamps to work as fog lights, but I don't think those stay on all the time.

So I had some aftermarket fog lights lying around and I want to wire them into the ignition so they turn on as soon as the car does. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I don't know where the ignition wire is. I obviously need to ground the negative wire, which is easy enough. Please help as I need to have this car passed ASAP.

hi deathby240 the driving light mod is quite easy really just difficult to explain without an electrical diagram to refer to as you so rightly said one side of the lamp(s) is wired to earth(metal chassis) the other would be wired to a live cable, via an in line fuse, which becomes live when the ignition key is turned to its first position and beyond , a 12v lamp with a couple of wires will show a cable that comes live just fit one wire to earth then go round the ignition switch till the lamp lights when the switch is turned,not the one that stays live all the time, break into that cable and connect your driving light ,bingo job done ,an auto or regular electricion should be capable of doing the job if you get into trouble, try the lexus soarer owners club .