Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nokia Hands Free Car Kits

hernia

Chris, the CD is at the top, does the age of the car affect where it is or something??? Mine is a post-facelift model dating from about last easter...

Anyway heaven knows how it was wired, I can try and fish out the number for the chap if you want, however it was just some local small place round the Farnborough area, so might not be of much use to you if you aren't nearby.

As far as invalidating the warranty, maybe I did do that, however you are altering the car either way, my dealership certainly didn't give me any advice on what not to do when I told them I was going to do it. Interestingly the chap that fitted it made me take out every CD as he said they frequently go pear shaped when you are mucking round with the stereo.

For the old switching on and off, if you use the phone (i.e. press any buttons), the power stays on, I used to have a 6210, will make sure it behaves the same with my 6310i, I guess we will soon find out if its a phone feature...

I think that there could actually have been a problem with a relay they claimed when they finally sorted my old car out, however the switching off the phone feature wasn't there before they fixed it and was there afterwards, so I would be very wary!

One of the AA guys did some checking, the amount of Battery drain may well have been negligable, however after a week or so (less time in the end with a badly punished battery), it was totally flat.

Ricky - whats probably happening with you is that its all working as it should, which is why you haven't had a busted Battery. Certainly after it was sorted on the old car it was fine to leave it for a week, and I have left the Lexus for two weeks over Christmas, unless my flatmate was out driving it without telling me!!

For fitting it I have quite a bit of cable showing where John has as well, its probably an occupational hazard. Things like visible holes can be easily avoided with a bracket for the cradle (my old car had no signs a kit used to be fitted), but unless the cradle is very close to the panel the wires go in, they are always going to be quite visible.

Anyway thats enough from me for one post!

Ive just had a handsfree kit fitted in my is200 (a 7210 version) when i went to collect it they told me they tried to connect it but it didnt work properly as there isnt a real tel mute connection. So a bit cheesed off I went home in looked in the wiring manual & guess what?? There it is marked out on the amp a specific tel mute connection...so I went back to my nokia dealer & showwed him the diagram...he looked pretty stupid then umed & ahh'ed and z that he would do it...when i went to pick it up he hadnt done it and z that he couldnt work it out!!!!! so I still have no tel mute : ( gutted! Im pretty disapointed with my kit as i can only really use it when im driving at max 50Mph..after that cant hear it at all!!!

Sounds familiar, same situation I've always had with mine, doesn't mute the stereo and I have to slow down on the motorway to hear people.

I've hopefully having the Bluetooth kit fitted today to a Mercedes, I've already been told by another dealer there is no way to connect the audio to the car's speakers but there is a telephone mute, so I'm just waiting for this car to tell me there isn't!

I have also been told, but I don't know how true it is, that the speaker etc on the Nokia Bluetooth kit has been improved and is louder than the original CARK-91 kit.

I've hopefully having the bluetooth kit fitted today to a Mercedes, I've already been told by another dealer there is no way to connect the audio to the car's speakers but there is a telephone mute, so I'm just waiting for this car to tell me there isn't!

I have also been told, but I don't know how true it is, that the speaker etc on the Nokia bluetooth kit has been improved and is louder than the original CARK-91 kit.

Did you really expect it to work Rich.... after all it's a Merc mate..... :lol:

Hmmm my 6310i doesn't seem to want to switch off when the ignition is turned off, with my dodgy memory I can't remember whether I got the Lexus or the phone first!

Also the Bluetooth speaker certainly looks rather different to the one in my car (smaller and heavier) as we have a Bluetooth kit here at work, its not in a car however so not sure how loud it would be at high speeds!

I am fairly sure though that if you setting the ringing volume of the phone higher does have an effect on while its in the car kit, mine does mute the stereo so can't be sure, but at the highest volume you probably have a fair chance of hearing it at even a fairly high speed I would have thought....

Cheers Matt,

Apparently after a certain date, Lexus moved the cd to top because more people have cds :( (according to Guildford Lexus).

If you could dig out his number that would be great. The cars going in for some warranty work next week so I'll double check then.

Chrispy, I don't know about more people having CDs, but I wouldn't be surprised, the only tape player I own is in the car, haven't got one in the house, in fact I listed to CDs so much I haven't a clue how to operate the radio in the car and haven't ever tried the one thats part of my home cinema set up....

Anyway enough about me being odd :duh: , follow this link for security world, the people that fitted my Nokia kit, finally managed to find the credit card bill they were on!! They seemed like a pretty good bunch, came out to the office during the day and did the job without a fuss.