Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drop It Like It's Hot

waddy

Nice one, how much do these cost nowadays? I've been thinking about lowering recently too - does the 30mm drop hit insurance much?

And as the others said, post up some pics when its done! :D

Nice one, how much do these cost nowadays? I've been thinking about lowering recently too - does the 30mm drop hit insurance much?

And as the others said, post up some pics when its done! :D

Got them from eGhey for £130 inc shipping - think they retail at £180 normally?

They are brand spanking too :D

Suspension is done - easy job really Matt's guide was a help :D

Took about 4 hours in all - wouldv'e been a lot less if i didn't have to have the nearside strut off twice because i was a numpty and but the spring on upside down . The offside strut and spring were just a ball ache from start to finish, spring clamps put on in the wrong place, then too high, so it was in and out like a ***** in a brothel The rears were actually more difficult than the fronts yet they took less time - weird

The car is definately lower, the springs need to settle though so it isn't as low as it will get when they have worn in a bit. Not quite the drop i was hoping for from the start but as said, it should improve. Handling is definately a lot better, she sticks like the poop to a blanket in the bends now

Before

picture001ho2.jpg

Dirty old offside rear spring

picture002nk6.jpg

Erm - trolley jack

picture003oi8.jpg

New spring

picture005pu0.jpg

After (still needs to settle though)

picture006ti8.jpg

From the pics the ride height doesn't look any different at all - I keep telling myself it's going to settle. The handling is a massive improvement though - which is what it's all about :D

After (still needs to settle though)

picture006ti8.jpg

Yeah that still looks a lot like my car does now, but it would be great if you could post up some pics in a few weeks when they've settled a bit cos I'd love to see what it looks like with the standard alloys on..... :)