Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poss New Job

Gord

Well ive had a call today from my old boss :o asking me if i would want a job working with him again :D

Its more money (x2 what im on now) but i would have to move to London area :blink: The company is offering me a house in Barnet ( Chipping Barnet ) anyone know the area ? good schools etc etc.

The wife is not to keen :duh: as this would mean taking kids from school and everything that gose with it.

Thanks for any help with this :D

Well ive had a call today from my old boss :o asking me if i would want a job working with him again :D

Its more money (x2 what im on now) but i would have to move to London area :blink: The company is offering me a house in Barnet ( Chipping Barnet ) anyone know the area ? good schools etc etc.

The wife is not to keen :duh: as this would mean taking kids from school and everything that gose with it.

Great news that mate. Shame about having to become a southerner though :lol::lol::lol:

More money..............means more mods :hehe:

Great news that mate. Shame about having to become a southerner though :lol::lol::lol:

More money..............means more mods :hehe:

Thanks steve, will get car (estate) with job too :D so i can keep the lex :D

My parent's place is just down the road from Barnet and its a pretty decent area with some good schools round there (although are you thinking primary or secondary?) Whereabouts in Barnet exactly will you be moving to? Near the town centre or a bit further out?

My parent's place is just down the road from Barnet and its a pretty decent area with some good schools round there (although are you thinking primary or secondary?) Whereabouts in Barnet exactly will you be moving to? Near the town centre or a bit further out?

Thanks, schools well both :) all i know is that its in chipping barnet not to far from golf course.

I have to end of the August to make up my mind :duh:

Bazza the sort of job i would like to do, and my ex boss knows what i can do :) its just all the rest that comes with the move thats getting to us :blink: as you say house price will be higher :o

Looking like weekend trip down to see what area and house prices are going to be like :)

Blimey, ain't gonna be anyone up north left with a decent IS soon!

Saying that, think a lot of people would go down south if they had the chance.

Especially as you will get a lot more perks with the new job.

If it was me, i'd go, see how i like it for a couple of years, and

if not, come back to manchester with a healthier bank balance! :winky:

Just make sure you don't spend it all on your car!

Thanks, schools well both :) all i know is that its in chipping barnet not to far from golf course.

Looking like weekend trip down to see what area and house prices are going to be like :)

Hmm, can't think of where the golf courses are around there, but if you're talking about the one up at the end of high barnet that leads on to hadley green, then that's a very nice area indeed :winky:

Not sure what kind of house you're looking for, but I'd say for a 3 bed house, you're looking at a minimum of £250k up to about £400k for a nice one, and 4 beds starting around £400k heading upwards. Poss a bit less for a 4 bed that's either quite cramped, or needs a bit of work but those are pretty rough prices anyway.

No idea how that compares to prices up north, but be prepared to enter a world where you can be disappointed by a £2m house..... :blink:

(Chipping) Barnet's quite a nice area...there is the golf course, also a big library,a shopping presinct, and the hospital has been redone quite recently and is just round the corner.

Some very good schools too (-Henrietta barnet and QE boys if im not mistaken!) -and other good ones in the surrounding areas (some of which i went to!)

House prices may be a bit better than london too- as alot of barnet is Herfordshire.

......Also some nice country roads locally. :whistling:

I used to go to Q.E. Boys! Its still a good school from what I hear. Q.E. Girls ialways had a reputation for being a bit rough! Henrietta Barnett school isn't actually in Barnet, but in Hampstead Garden Suburb, which is some way away. None of the local secondaries are really bad though. Don't know about the primaries.

I'm not sure I'd go back and live in Chipping Barnet itself, and for sure not in New Barnet (not to offend anyone who does live there!), but plenty of nice places around I would live. Have a look around Arkley (pricey) or towards Whetstone which I like.

Which ones in particular? :winky: :shifty:

I used to go to Q.E. Boys!

Didn't realise there were so many north londoners about - I was a Habs boy myself, bringing back some memories....... :)

Yeah arkley and whetstone are much nicer areas, and I'll also throw cockfosters into the mix as its also up there, but these will all be more expensive ;)

I used to go to Q.E. Boys! Its still a good school from what I hear. Q.E. Girls ialways had a reputation for being a bit rough! Henrietta Barnett school isn't actually in Barnet, but in Hampstead Garden Suburb, which is some way away. None of the local secondaries are really bad though. Don't know about the primaries.

I'm not sure I'd go back and live in Chipping Barnet itself, and for sure not in New Barnet (not to offend anyone who does live there!), but plenty of nice places around I would live. Have a look around Arkley (pricey) or towards Whetstone which I like.

:offtopic: Welcome back, :D

Which ones in particular? :winky: :shifty:

I used to go to Q.E. Boys!

Didn't realise there were so many north londoners about - I was a Habs boy myself, bringing back some memories....... :)

Yeah arkley and whetstone are much nicer areas, and I'll also throw cockfosters into the mix as its also up there, but these will all be more expensive ;)

...Im sure theres some fun to be had on the roads towards Potters Bar and on to Hatfield or Enfield/Cuffley ect, although the roads do have their share of cameras :yawn:- im more in to just relaxing and cruising myself though. :D

Some of my mates are old habs boys!....In fact one of them used to have a Platinum IS with two massive subs in the back! :lol:

...Im sure theres some fun to be had on the roads towards Potters Bar and on to Hatfield or Enfield/Cuffley ect, although the roads do have their share of cameras :yawn:- im more in to just relaxing and cruising myself though. :D

Some of my mates are old habs boys!....In fact one of them used to have a Platinum IS with two massive subs in the back! :lol:

Yeah one of my favourites is the twisty road heading from hadley wood up to enfield (I'm sure koshime will remember it well :whistling: )

You're not talking about Niraj by any chance are you? :o

Thats about 5 minutes from me.

Like all areas in and around Greater London, nice areas sit side by side with rough areas. Overall, Barnet is OK and it is one of the greenest boroughs.

Could be living on the next street to you Mark :D what sort of age are you children ? mine are 7, 9 and 13yrs :)

Yeah one of my favourites is the twisty road heading from hadley wood up to enfield (I'm sure koshime will remember it well :whistling: )

You're not talking about Niraj by any chance are you? :o

....No, not niraj! :lol:- dont think that guy was on the forum!

Like all areas in and around Greater London, nice areas sit side by side with rough areas. Overall, Barnet is OK and it is one of the greenest boroughs.

Could be living on the next street to you Mark :D what sort of age are you children ? mine are 7, 9 and 13yrs :)

I have 2, 7 and 17 Gord. I can give you a head start on the best places to be if needed :D

The ONLY place to live in that area is Hadley Woods - home of Premiership players, very wealthy businessmen and clever villains, and it's only 5 mins from you.

I have 2, 7 and 17 Gord. I can give you a head start on the best places to be if needed :D

The ONLY place to live in that area is Hadley Woods - home of Premiership players, very wealthy businessmen and clever villains, and it's only 5 mins from you.

Thanks :D clever villains, i know some of them in Manchester :o looking like we will be down next weekend to have a look around the area :)