Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So What's The Verdict On Tesco's 99ron Fuel Now It's Been

aido

Question is as per the topic name really (except it should have also said "out a while" but LOC let me keep typing :lol:) ...

Tesco's have been offering their 99 RON fuel for quite a while now across the UK, wondered how those of you that have used it for a while have got on with it..

In the new car I've been using a mixture of Optimax and the Tesco 99 RON stuff, can't really tell any difference yet as it's all been mixed up, but the consensus I've seen across the net indicates that people are happy with the Tesco stuff, just wondered how you lot we getting on with it specifically on the Lexus & Toyota engines...

Also rumours are abound that Optimax is to be dropped and replaced with V-Power which they'll also be selling as 99 RON at Shell, but only time will tell if that is to be the case or not...

Thanks in advance :)

My car is mapped to 98 RON but as I have a Tesco near by I only use the 99 RON stuff. I can't really say what the difference is to the stock IS but I find it ok :unsure: I can't really compare mpg either because of all the work done to the car.

I do know it's expensive though :ohmy:

Aye very expensive, should be a lot cheaper now though fella - paid 98.9 for Optimax today in Derby, some of the garages round here went up to 102.9 for standard 95 RON - it's a disgrace!

Aye very expensive, should be a lot cheaper now though fella - paid 98.9 for Optimax today in Derby, some of the garages round here went up to 102.9 for standard 95 RON - it's a disgrace!

aido, i visit derby quite a lot as i grew up there.....i've always been amazed how much cheaper petrol is in derby, compared to leicestershire (where i live) for example. :duh:

That's weird mate, I was down there last week near Narborough is it, and the petrol was the same price as Derby, not sure of the exact location, it's a Shell garage near a roundabout - I'll ask where it is as they were matching the Derby prices there :D

That's weird mate, I was down there last week near Narborough is it, and the petrol was the same price as Derby, not sure of the exact location, it's a Shell garage near a roundabout - I'll ask where it is as they were matching the Derby prices there :D

yea i know the one u mean and strangly enough that is one of the few that is pretty reasonable. in loughborough its pretty crappy to say the least :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links