Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head Light Protectors And Mud Flaps For Is 250 Se-l

Buzzz

Newbie, so welcome.

I have just ordered a Lexus IS250 SE-L, can't wait for it to be delivered after driving Passats for nearly 10 years!!

I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me with: -

1. Headlight Protectors. I drive approximately 20,000 miles per annum. I am worried that I might break a light. I have had protectors on all of my cars and I can tell you, after buying 3 sets of the protectors for my current car I know they are a must!

2. Mud Flaps. Stone chips etc are a potential nightmare! So again anyone got any ideas where I can source these from?

I did ask the dealership and he told me that neither options are avialable from Lexus direct.

Many thanks for any of your anticipated help.

2. Mud Flaps. Stone chips etc are a potential nightmare! So again anyone got any ideas where I can source these from?

Welcome.

I'm sure Jamboo will be along soon to advise on sourcing mud flaps.

Newbie, so welcome.

I have just ordered a Lexus IS250 SE-L, can't wait for it to be delivered after driving Passats for nearly 10 years!!

1. Headlight Protectors. I drive approximately 20,000 miles per annum. I am worried that I might break a light. I have had protectors on all of my cars and I can tell you, after buying 3 sets of the protectors for my current car I know they are a must!

I did ask the dealership and he told me that neither options are avialable from Lexus direct.

If you are going for mudflaps make sure you go the whole hog and get the tartan rug for the back seat and the string backed driving gloves. If you are feeling particularly racy get a nice shiny "rally style" anorak.

Newbie, so welcome.

If you are going for mudflaps make sure you go the whole hog and get the tartan rug for the back seat and the string backed driving gloves. If you are feeling particularly racy get a nice shiny "rally style" anorak.

It's nice to see that these forums are so full of useful information, provided by useless people!! Great cars, shame about some of the people that drive them, I guess you have the pipe and slippers to go with yours.................

Newbie, so welcome.

It's nice to see that these forums are so full of useful information, provided by useless people!! Great cars, shame about some of the people that drive them, I guess you have the pipe and slippers to go with yours.................

Blimey what sort of cars have you been driving?

I've been doing that sort of milage, way more some years, and have never suffered a broken light?

I've had small chips but find that on the Lexus a bit of Brasso rubbed on the light cluster (yes I'm serious) works absolute wonders and brings it up like new!

As for the mud flaps, may also be worth trying Chris Shipley, username is chris.s on the forum, he may be able to help you there? I had them on my old IS before I had the skirts fitted and the diference they also made to keeping the car clean was phenomenal!

May even fit a set to this new car as it gets filthy instantly!

Had Mud Flaps fitted since May when GB launched them.H/Lamp sheilds would look gross:if you are really concerned about stone chips (we all are) & want extra protection fit you can fit "Paint Sheild".

Tel :driving:

Had Mud Flaps fitted since May when GB launched them.H/Lamp sheilds would look gross:if you are really concerned about stone chips (we all are) & want extra protection fit you can fit "Paint Sheild".

Tel :driving:

Thanks for that, could you tell me where you got the mud flaps from?

Any one got any photos?

Some pics for you :)

Jamboo's flaps

Thank you for the link to the thread - I had actually done a search and come up dry; obviously I am incapable of searching properly!

My car is the same colour as Jamboo's. I am thinking that the black on red look good actually. I'm very tempted as I'm getting a lot of water spray up behind the arches.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...