Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Have A Tv At Home, Or Something Capable Of Receiving Tv Channel

aido

Do you have a TV at home, or something capable of receiving TV channels?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a TV at home, or something capable of receiving TV channels?

• Yes
    • No

Ok just recently a few people have been round to mine and they're always freaked out that I don't have a TV in the house, I haven't had one now for over a year, never miss it at all!

I have a projector for DVD's, Xbox and stuff I've downloaded off the net, but nothing capable of receiving TV channels so any talk about adverts or anything always goes straight over my head!

Just wondered if there were many other people out there who don't have a TV?

what you need mate are a few kids, then you realise what tv`s were invented for :lol:

:o

That would mean I'd need to have a stable relationship with a bird - all the one's I've met so far are psychos, prefer the one night stands mate, I've probably got kids all over the world :D

(Note to CSA - I'm only joking - I think :unsure:)

Got one in pretty much every room, bar toilet and bathroom.. Don't watch much of though

You've got a bar :o

That's absolutely mega :D

I just use the kitchen, haven't got much food but the space is all taken up by booze and spirits :D

Panasonic 36" in living room

Panasonic 36" in main bedroom

Panasonic 32" in study

Relisys 17" LCD in bathroom

Sony 14" in 2nd bedroom

Bush 14" in 3rd bedroom

Samsung 14" spare (nowhere to put it!)

Might put an LCD on the wall in the kitchen when I redo it, we'll see...

That's exactly right pal, I have no equipment that is capable of receiving analogue or digital signals - the thing is even when you tell the TVL that they still send a letter to you every week saying you could get a 1000 quid fine - I'll be ****** if I'm paying for something I don't use or even have!

That's exactly right pal, I have no equipment that is capable of receiving analogue or digital signals - the thing is even when you tell the TVL that they still send a letter to you every week saying you could get a 1000 quid fine - I'll be ****** if I'm paying for something I don't use or even have!

TV Licensing send such nasty letters, ACCUSING you of breaking the law, that I say sod 'em. Next time they send me one because they've messed up the address, I'll just let them send the van round, then show the TVL guy my perfectly valid licence and tell him to f**k off.

:lol:

They're a bunch of ***** at times, it's about time they abolished the license anyway, how much of the BBC homegrown content is now sold abroad anyway, and the website stuff is available to all the world, just some of the streaming radio is limited for things like football etc to the UK only...

Let them stand on their own two feet, it's about time, from what I hear from people with TV's most of the quality programming on nowadays is all imported from other countries...

I'm less surprised by it now than I used to be (as I actually know a few ppl now who don't have TVs at all) but its still strange to me as it takes up so much of my time :D

I personally have 2 TVs in my 2 bed apartment...... :whistling: (ok, one's in my comp but its still a TV)

Agree about the TV license though, it is a load of rubbish. It makes me sick thinking about the cost of it, think of the Sky or cable package you could have if you didn't have to pay the license as well :sick::angry: and they don't even show many decent programmes anymore......

Funny you should ask this question Aido.

I have a TV (just the one, but it's a 43" plasma) and as time goes on I find myself and the gf watching more and more of it. Only yesterday I was thinking that maybe I should sell it. I never had a TV in college, and my life was better without it. It's just too damn easy to sprawl in front of the TV every night, and to be honest I could do with getting out and getting some exercise, not to mention feeling that I'm doing more with my life than watching TV every night.

It's good to know others live without one and don't miss it.

Si

Panasonic 36" in living room

Panasonic 36" in main bedroom

Panasonic 32" in study

Relisys 17" LCD in bathroom

Sony 14" in 2nd bedroom

Bush 14" in 3rd bedroom

Samsung 14" spare (nowhere to put it!)

Might put an LCD on the wall in the kitchen when I redo it, we'll see...

I reckon you should pay at least double the TV License fee lol :lol:

Maybe donate the Sammy to Aido!

It is good to have one less bill to pay, but its just so much the norm for ppl to have a TV, it doesn't really cross my mind that I could go to someone's house and they wont have a TV...

D.

I don't have a TV in my house ......... and I wasn't capable of receivng a TV channel for about 18 months either !

I have the projector setup too ......... only now, I also have the HTPC I built, and that receives digital free view.

I obviously pay for a tv licence now, albeit that I personally warned the TV licence bloke when he turned up at my door for the 3rd time asking about a licence, after having clearly pointed out that I don't own a TV !!

TV licence fees are crap anyway ..... £110 a year, and they don't put on anything good ....... another waste of money IMO.

Oh well ............ this is my setup : (although slightly changed a bit) :)

DSC01636.jpg

I obviously pay for a tv licence now, albeit that I personally warned the TV licence bloke when he turned up at my door for the 3rd time asking about a licence, after having clearly pointed out that I don't own a TV !!

TV licence fees are crap anyway ..... £110 a year, and they don't put on anything good ....... another waste of money IMO.

Think it must have cost them £110 to send him to your house three times :D

I'm still the only person without a TV then in this thread, maybe I should get one and then I'll spend less time on the internet :o

not telling porkys are we !!

the license fee is £131.50 !! :lol:

maybe I should get one and then I'll spend less time on the internet :o
No, trust me ... it won't make any difference !
not telling porkys are we !!

the license fee is £131.50 !! :lol:

......... :yawn: i'm sure I paid £110 ! lol

I don't have a TV in my house ......... and I wasn't capable of receivng a TV channel for about 18 months either !

I have the projector setup too ......... only now, I also have the HTPC I built, and that receives digital free view.

Oh well ............ this is my setup : (although slightly changed a bit) :)

DSC01636.jpg