Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Se-l Mm Auto - Sat Nav Contacts Import

Hi there

I have just taken delivery of a new factory order SE-L with MM and Auto, in Mesa Red with cream interior. It's an amazing car so far - I am very pleased.

It now looks even more amazing since I followed Jamboo's instructions and put on some Car-Lack68 followed by P1s wax.

I have heard a minor occasional rattle from somewhere to the front of the driver's door but it's intermittent and I cannot quite track it down. Any pointers would be appreciated. No point in taking it in to the dealer's until it can be more reliably reproduced.

As my phone is a Nokia 6230i I cannot upload my entire address book to the car (no option present on the phone) and I have hundreds of contacts, so I was wondering if there is any way if this can be done via a Bluetooth enabled laptop. My phone is synchronised with my Outlook contacts anyway. Has anyone tried doing this?

Thanks

Mark

As my phone is a Nokia 6230i I cannot upload my entire address book to the car (no option present on the phone) and I have hundreds of contacts, so I was wondering if there is any way if this can be done via a Bluetooth enabled laptop. My phone is synchronised with my Outlook contacts anyway. Has anyone tried doing this?

Thanks

Mark

Congrats on the purchase.

I did try and sync with Bluetooth using an apple MacBook and iSync, unfortunately, I couldn't get the Mac to find the car!!

If you get something working then please let me know because that would make my life so much easier. I would also be nice if I could sync my special occasions calendar with the one in the car.

Thanks

Mark

Easiest way, find a friend with a Sony Ericsson, use SE Suite or this http://www.fjsoft.at/, import all the contacts to the SE from Outlook, Bluetooth them all in one go from the SE to the car.

No idea why Nokia don't have this option.

If you google search for Prius, Bluetooth, laptop you will find a long thread on the Prius forums about how to synchronise your contacts with the car via a laptop and a Bluetooth dongle.

The car's interface as described seems identical to ours on the IS, but nevertheless I cannot get it to work with my laptop.

It could be that it's just my IBM laptop's inbuilt Bluetooth stack that cannot communicate properly with the IS, so someone else out there might be successful.

Good luck.

Easiest way, find a friend with a Sony Ericsson, use SE Suite or this http://www.fjsoft.at/, import all the contacts to the SE from Outlook, bluetooth them all in one go from the SE to the car.

No idea why Nokia don't have this option.

Great tip. I had an old T68 somewhere, took it from under its dust :-)

Could send the address book all-in-once. I've noticed that even this "old" T68 sends more info to the handsfree unit than my (newer) Nokia. Battery status, network status, ... So I'll keep using this T68 from now on...

Hi there

I have just taken delivery of a new factory order SE-L with MM and Auto, in Mesa Red with cream interior. It's an amazing car so far - I am very pleased.

It now looks even more amazing since I followed Jamboo's instructions and put on some Car-Lack68 followed by P1s wax.

I have heard a minor occasional rattle from somewhere to the front of the driver's door but it's intermittent and I cannot quite track it down. Any pointers would be appreciated. No point in taking it in to the dealer's until it can be more reliably reproduced.

Thanks

Mark

I understand the problem with Nokia mobiles is that for security reasons they only allow 1 contact entry to be sent at a time to stop people connecting and raiding all your contacts in 1 hit I suppose. Sony cetainly the older T68 models do not have this security feature and work ok. I had a Motorola MPX220 smartphone running Windows Phone edition and it worked no problem.

I have also read of problems with Outlook sync in that it will only send 1 of the various numbers you can store against a contact eg. Work but not Home or vice versa and some problems if you have an international dial code on the number eg. +44

One last point, not sure the accuracy of this but newer Bluetooth, I think v 1.2 is worse than the old versions ie. the Lexus has an older Bluetooth compatibility than the newer phones, something BMW might be better at dam!