Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 400 Differances Between Mk3 And Mk4?

Hi All,

I have a 1996 LS400 that I think is a MK3 and have seen newer cars that are MK4's but I know the front lights and sat nav addition are differant and I think some things have been done to the engine to put out more bhp however I would like to understand the full extent of the changes made between the Marks.

Is there any place on this site I should refer too? does anyone know the changes and can pubish them please?

Many thanks

Murph

Thanks Trevor

For the web link and quick response, having had a look I can see quite a bit of differance, some nice improvements.

Murph

To my mind, the major difference is that the Mk 4 has Traction Control and V.S.C. That was the only reason I switched from my Mk 3 to current Mk 4.

The Mk 4 IS quicker a bit and responds to acceleration better; and Sat-Nav can be useful, though you can get cheap enough alternative Sat-navs these days.

Otherwise it's a close thing really, unless you're a demanding driver, when you can look for a Mk 4 with 'handling pack'. Seems to tighten up cornering etc. But I just cruise everywhere generally, so the comfort and power is what matters.

Goodness me, Skelton is still alive!

Ah, well, as you get older, you try to conserve your energy a bit!

Had to go back to work, having (almost) retired a year ago!

And, Lexus-wise, I'm happy with my occasional trundle about in mine. Just returned from trip to Bedford/Towcester in glorious comfort and effortless power.....Chris Isaak playing , etc....