Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1992 Ls400 Remote Keyless Entry

Recently my keyless entry stopped working. I was wondering if anyone has encoutered this before on a 90-92 LS400. The dealership wants me to buy a new remote and ROM. I'm assuming that means a new key and a new transmitter in the car? I bought a Key off eBay doesn't anyone know if it's possible to program this for my car or do I need a new transmitter in the car as well?

Recently my keyless entry stopped working. I was wondering if anyone has encoutered this before on a 90-92 LS400. The dealership wants me to buy a new remote and ROM. I'm assuming that means a new key and a new transmitter in the car? I bought a Key off ebay doesn't anyone know if it's possible to program this for my car or do I need a new transmitter in the car as well?

I Know it may sound silly but.....

Have you changed the Battery in the key???

Eddie

Yes I've tried a few new batteries. Also the switch on the dash to turn the remote on or off, is in the ON position. I've ordered a new key off eBay with the same FCCID. Some people tell me there is no way to program keys for 90-92 models. The lexus dealership tells me they think they can? The dealership can't give me a straight answer for some reason. Sounds like they are clueless to me. When my key arrives I will take it to the dealership and find out.

When the key transmitter is changed on that model is should come with a corresponding computer chip which has to be installed in the car for the key fob to work

Any previous key fobs would become redundent and can only be used as a normal key

When the key transmitter is changed on that model is should come with a corresponding computer chip which has to be installed in the car for the key fob to work

Any previous key fobs would become redundent and can only be used as a normal key

I'm douting that this key is going to come with a computer chip for the car. Is this what you experienced with your IS or this is the same with first gen. LS400s?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have some instructions on how to program a new remote for any lexus. I've tried it, and it works (i have a 97 es 300). I'll give you the instructions so you can try. If it works for you, please let me know.

Set-up: Key out of ignition and driver's door open & unlocked & passenger's door closed and locked.

Procedure:

1. Insert key in ignition and remove.

2. Press the driver's MANUAL door lock switch, LOCK to UNLOCK, 5 times.

3. Close and open the driver's door.

4. Press the driver's MANUAL door lock switch, LOCK to UNLOCK, 5 times.

5. Insert key in ignition and turn ignition ON and OFF...

Once to add a new code.

Twice to rewrite over ALL previously stored codes.

Three times to confrim how many codes are stored in the ECU.

6. Remove teh key from ignition.

The car will now respond back the selected mode by automatically locking and unlocking the doors...

once to add a new code.

twice to rewrite over all previously stored codes.

one to four times (slowly) to show how many codes have been stored.

If the confirm mode was selected the process is complete. Otherewise:

7. Press the transmitter switch on the key for 1 second.

After the signal is received, the car will respond by automatically locking and unlocking the doors once.

8. Close & Open driver door

9. Press transmitter switch on the remote for more than 1 second

Make sure your keyless remote FCC code # is the same in your Lexus manual

good luck :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links