Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Problem?

Hi Guys, I ve got a is200, 53 plate, now and again i get burnt clutch smell when i do clutch control, eg. when reversing up a hill or driving fast involving guick gear change up and when changing down slowly(ie engine braking), do u guys think theres something wrong with the clutch :question:

Hi Guys, I ve got a is200, 53 plate, now and again i get burnt clutch smell when i do clutch control, eg. when reversing up a hill or driving fast involving guick gear change up and when changing down slowly(ie engine braking), do u guys think theres something wrong with the clutch :question:

....i think i might have had something similar- what does burnt clutch smell like?

Yeah,

I smelled something like that but also a bit sulpher-like- quite strong, but it was only when i let a mate drive it the other day, and because hes used to automatics he seemed to be 'riding' the clutch alot more especially when shifting.

- Ive noticed it less and less since... but wasnt sure if it was the clutch or the cat!?

Hope it doesnt come back! :unsure:

On my IS the clutch always smelled pretty soon e.g. when maneuvering on a sloped driveway. Doesn't mean it's knackered, after over 200000km it still isn't worn out. I'm just careful to stop as soon as possible when I smell anything, don't want to burn it up.