Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thieving !

As seems to be the norm, someone has stolen one ( yes just one ? ) of my silver valve caps. The missus has removed the others b4 they get to them too. I think there was a post some time ago about a recommended supplier / ebayer of some secure type of replacement...thought it might be worth a go. I know ultimately the answer is to put boring plastic black ones on, but would like to try these others first.

Anyone know the linky etc ? TYIA

Edited by Bazza

As seems to be the norm, someone has stolen one ( yes just one ? ) of my silver valve caps. The missus has removed the others b4 they get to them too. I think there was a post some time ago about a recommended supplier / ebayer of some secure type of replacement...thought it might be worth a go. I know ultimately the answer is to put boring plastic black ones on, but would like to try these others first.

Anyone know the linky etc ? TYIA

One of mine actually fell off when driving - even though they were on tight. I now have locking ones fitted.

Brian [:)]

Hi,

I just use the boring ones they do the job and there free when i put new tyres on :D

I dont find they make the car go/drive/handle any better :lol:

Abit tongue and cheek for me,but save your money bud.The valve caps dont stay on the car long where i live :angry:

Its not nice when things go missing.

Chips..

Thanks folks...

I was looking too see if anyone had actually purchased and could recommend a particular brand, having already googled generally :D

Anyhow, I went for these in the end - lifetime free replacement guarantee if they are nicked / lost / broken.

Ordered 2 sets of colored chromies ( 1 for my Hawke ), and I reckon the price aint bad when discount is applied. Will let you know how they are when they arrive.

http://spin-caps.com/

Got a set of these a few weeks back:

http://www.ragingspeed.co.uk/catalog/produ...products_id=328

Got ****** off having my chrome coloured ones nicked, had 4 sets pinched in a month.

I fitted these newies a few weeks ago and they're still on so far. Impossible to remove by hand, I had a few people try and no-one can get em off.

Watched with some amusement the other day as some kids tried to nick em, they gave up after 5 minutes. :D

had the spinning dust caps for 13 months now and well worth buying.some one did try to nick them as they left their grubby prints in the brake dust on the wheels. :tsktsk: :lol:

type:

richbrook spinning caps

Got a set of these a few weeks back:

http://www.ragingspeed.co.uk/catalog/produ...products_id=328

Got ****** off having my chrome coloured ones nicked, had 4 sets pinched in a month.

I fitted these newies a few weeks ago and they're still on so far. Impossible to remove by hand, I had a few people try and no-one can get em off.

Watched with some amusement the other day as some kids tried to nick em, they gave up after 5 minutes. :D

Geez these must be good judging by your address :winky:

Your a brave man letting some squirt fiddle with your ride for 5 minutes... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks folks...

I was looking too see if anyone had actually purchased and could recommend a particular brand, having already googled generally :D

Anyhow, I went for these in the end - lifetime free replacement guarantee if they are nicked / lost / broken.

Ordered 2 sets of colored chromies ( 1 for my Hawke ), and I reckon the price aint bad when discount is applied. Will let you know how they are when they arrive.

http://spin-caps.com/

Arrived 2 days ago, look very good, feel good quality, and fitted very easily......time will tell i guess, but impressed so far :)

:blink: I've give up with my dust caps,had some lovely ones from eBay with Lexus logo on,2 nicked after a week,got some more and lasted few months before two more went missing.just got plain silver ones on now.Kids nick them for their bikes!!! :angry: ( my lads got the lexus logo ones on his now,no use to me)

• 1 month later...

The kids round our way are complaining that grown middle age men are breaking into bike sheds and stealing their cool silver dust caps. :D

I had 3 stolen in one evening and the fourth must have been spared due to them being disturbed. I have removed it. Busy fitting tracking devices to a new prototype cap which I will fit and then track down the thief with GPRS and club them on the head. Yes I know that is over reacting, but someones got to teach them a lesson :winky:

Was tempted to leave the fourth cap on my dash as a frustrating tease to the returning theif, but you know that is tempting a scratch or smashed window. Glad my car isn't made of dust caps...it would vanish bit by bit and be gone within an opportunist week. :lol:

When I remarked on the absence of valve caps on the car that I test drove I was told the kids had stolen them.

I fitted a set of "spinners" from new - have had the car about five weeks and haven't lost one yet, but it's a bit of a pain having to use a key when doing a tyre pressure check.

Touch wood . . . . .

When I remarked on the absence of valve caps on the car that I test drove I was told the kids had stolen them.

I fitted a set of "spinners" from new - have had the car about five weeks and haven't lost one yet, but it's a bit of a pain having to use a key when doing a tyre pressure check.

Touch wood . . . . .

I'm getting a set of these put on hopefully should solve the problem!

227.jpg

Flush fitting valves.

More info here!

Hi,

I just use the boring ones they do the job and there free when i put new tyres on :D

I dont find they make the car go/drive/handle any better :lol:

Abit tongue and cheek for me,but save your money bud.The valve caps dont stay on the car long where i live :angry:

Its not nice when things go missing.

Chips..

i got an alloy Ariel for my motor and found my Missus bought me one too.

so i put the spare on her car only for it to last 3 days.

Glued mine in so the gits dont nick it.

Time for me to empty the garage and get my car in there.