Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiltshire Police At It Again - Gs450 Cop Car!

aido

Just got this over from ClubLexus - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234342

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-sto...p?news_id=15090

Politically Correct PCs Get a Lexus Hybrid

23 Aug 06 12:35

The Lexus GS 450h isn't just environmentally friendly - it's also very quick and extremely low-key. Wiltshire Police have spotted how valuable that combination could be in an unmarked patrol car, and they've signed up to become the first force in the UK to get the petrol-electric hybrid saloon on their fleet.

The electric motor combines with the conventional 3.5-litre V6 engine to produce a peak output of 341bhp, giving a 0-62mph time of 5.9sec, with an official combined fuel consumption figure of 35.8mpg and modest CO2 emissions of 186g/km.

Wiltshire Constabulary fleet manager Steve Botham said: 'The Lexus will be used for varied traffic duties. The force is continuing to trial hybrid and environmentally friendly vehicles. The GS 450h gives the force the opportunity to operate a high-performance hybrid vehicle in a demanding police role.'

Translation: you have been warned.

1369808976.jpg

3237143821.jpg

Isn't this the same force that had the GS430 as well?

It looks pretty cool!

I want one of those signs in the back so i can "communicate" with those drivers who'm drive up close behind my car. The letters might just be large enough for them to see i think. :lol:

Do you think they will splash out and have metallic paint and the wood pack with full leather? :P

• 4 years later...

Just to add to this one, I was coming out of Swindon on the M4 this morning - just east of J15 - and spotted (sat on one of those humps/take-off ramps) a fully liveried up, yellow stickers, roof lights, the whole 9 yards Police GS450h. It's a black 09 plate, so I assume it's a 450h (couldn't see as I floated past in mine).

I knew that Wiltshire previously had an unmarked 450h but didn't realise that they also now had a fully marked up one (although I've now Googled and found that they've also had an 08 plated marked one, also black).

Nice to know that PC Plod is swanning around in 50K+ of Lexus luxury in these times of austerity. I bet that's the last one the budget stretches to for a while.

Shades