Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye Optimax

Neimad

That's right, Optimax is being canned! But don't panic because it's being replaced by V-Power -- another Shell brand that's more commonly used in Europe. Rumour has it that they will be upping the octane level to 99, and most likely the price to boot. Details should be confirmed in the coming weeks when leaflets will start appearing in your local Shell station, so keep your eyes out!

Wonder if this will be any different to what Tesco's are using nowadays?

Tesco is one of the closest ones to me and just as luck has it they sell 99RON!

Oh it's all over the Shell website too!

Just FYI, Shell abolished Optimax over here a while ago, and replaced it with V-Power, but it's 95 Ron (in Ireland at least).

Details here.

Si

PS I have seen the Shell blurb that it's 99 Ron in the UK. Just a warning for anyone who thinks it's the same across the Irish Sea.

Just FYI, Shell abolished Optimax over here a while ago, and replaced it with V-Power, but it's 95 Ron (in Ireland at least).

Details here.

Si

PS I have seen the Shell blurb that it's 99 Ron in the UK. Just a warning for anyone who thinks it's the same across the Irish Sea.

:o So whats the highest ron you have, and which company supplies it.

We may be coming over a week soon.

This is good news for me....well sort of...

Tesco have filling stations in NI but they don't sell the 99Ron fuel for some reason????

I can buy it from shell but the shell filling stations have been dwindling very very quickly over here. They are all getting replaced by BP or supermarket stations.

I think I will wait until BP bring out the equivilant to this as no doubt it will be very soon.

Otherwise I could easily find myself with a car mapped for 99ron fuel and be nowhere near a shell station as they are few and far between.

Details here.

Si

Thats an outdated link as the one in Tralee stopped selling V-power a long time ago..... there was another shell station in Killarney that used to have it but when the prices went up people stopped buying... so no more

Thats an outdated link as the one in Tralee stopped selling V-power a long time ago..... there was another shell station in Killarney that used to have it but when the prices went up people stopped buying... so no more

Hang on, now that you mention it, I seem to vaguely recall hearing that V-Power had been discontinued here. Hardly surprising really. Petrol that "cleans your engine" but has the same RON as regular for a sizeable premium on something that's already expensive? Can't imagine people were queuing up for that one alright...

Si

I can buy it from shell but the shell filling stations have been dwindling very very quickly over here. They are all getting replaced by BP or supermarket stations.

I was reading a link on the net last night, can't remember where it was, but basically someone has been told by a member of BP staff, that in some of the ex-Shell garages, they will be stocking the V-Power 99 Ron stuff and selling it as BP Ultimate.

Take it with a pinch of salt as it may be a load of bollocks but that's what I read - if it's true that could be exactly what you're after mate!