Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Banging Tunes

Hi all,

I'm planning on getting a new sound system for my is200 se and not being particularily clued up on amps and speakers was wondering what kind of amp i need to drive the new speaker system.

I've been looking at purchasing the rockford fosgate P8004 amplifier. It is a 4 channel amp. Is this the right kind of amp to run front components and rear 6x9s? Also does anyone know if this is a descent amp, as i'm not particularily worried about having ear splitting volume as i am about sound quality (although it would be nice sometimes :winky: )

Thanks

Bryan

I remember reading that thread and thinking that would be class, but i think a small nuclear power plant would need to be installed to run it :D

Just had a look at the spec of that beast, it has an rms of 1000W. max power 2000W!!! :o

I remember reading that thread and thinking that would be class, but i think a small nuclear power plant would need to be installed to run it :D

Just had a look at the spec of that beast, it has an rms of 1000W. max power 2000W!!! :o

i have a DB Audio 12" Raptor 1100w and an In Phase 1200w 2 chanel amplifier. Im currently in the process of transferring them over from my Civic to RS200, i got them off icebuyer.co.uk, got good advice off the sales lads there. hopefully it sounds as good in the Tez as it did in the Civic. I will let you know how i get on with the install after the weekend. From what i know your better of having a seperate 2 channel amp that matches the RMS of the Subwoofer, then a smaller seperate amp for the 4 speakers.

Thanks for the reply!

Hope the installs going well this weekend. I hadn't really been thinking about a big subwoofer in the back just yet, although i'm quite tempted. :winky:

I'm looking a setup that will initially give good sound quality from the kenwood ddx 6029 headunit, and then expand more when my wallet will allow it! I think a large woofer will be fitted at some stage though!!

Thanks for the reply!

Hope the installs going well this weekend. I hadn't really been thinking about a big subwoofer in the back just yet, although i'm quite tempted. :winky:

I'm looking a setup that will initially give good sound quality from the kenwood ddx 6029 headunit, and then expand more when my wallet will allow it! I think a large woofer will be fitted at some stage though!!

Ye that install never happening! Nothing but rain all weekend! Thing its too big of a job for me to do! Alot more electrics and cables in the Tez than there is in a civic, dont want to go messing anything up on my new car!! Looks like ill have to fork out the cash and get it done professionally!! :angry: