Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mini Cooper

gib

Hi,

I recently bought a brand new Mini Cooper - which by the way is excellent - quite fancy a Cooper S

However, I am looking for some sort of ECU upgrade.

Bluefin do a bit of kit, which looks quite professional and you can plug the machine in yourself to do it - it gives a 10bhp gain and some other torquey gain, which I have forgotten............

It costs £299

Has anyone heard of this company - it looks a nice bit of equipment.

Cheers.

Hi,

I recently bought a brand new Mini Cooper - which by the way is excellent - quite fancy a Cooper S

However, I am looking for some sort of ECU upgrade.

Bluefin do a bit of kit, which looks quite professional and you can plug the machine in yourself to do it - it gives a 10bhp gain and some other torquey gain, which I have forgotten............

It costs £299

Has anyone heard of this company - it looks a nice bit of equipment.

Cheers.

Got a link to a website?

I would take with a large pinch of salt any claim to give this kind of increase on an NA engine. Bit like the +20bhp resistor mods on eBay :duh:

I was of the opinion that Superchips were very reputable.

Regardless of whether its true or not, how noticeable would such an increase be, on a small car?

Superchips are a reputable make....but to claim 9% increase on a standard 115bhp engine is totally unrealistic. Where is the boost on your NA Cooper which can be increased on a FI engine?

Regardless of whether its true or not, how noticeable would such an increase be, on a small car?

I personally think it would make a fairly noticeable difference. We've just ordered a Mini One for my little sister and after test-driving a Mini One and a Cooper, there was a very clear difference between the two. I know that's a 25hp difference, but it was quite obvious, so I would've thought that the 10hp difference would still make an impact.

Superchips are a reputable make....but to claim 9% increase on a standard 115bhp engine is totally unrealistic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know the Mini One and Cooper have the same engine in them, yet one produces 90hp, and the other 115hp. Would that power difference not be at least partly due to fiddling with the ecu? :unsure:

Hi,

I saw on i think 5th gear ages ago about the Mini.

Im not talking about the S/C version,but they said to buy the base version because all the difference was between the non S/C versions was the ECU chips.They said you could save alot of money and just get the car chipped for cheaper than the purchase price of the new car and have the same BHP.

Im getting into a discussion just saying what i saw on the TV.

Chips..

I recall my local performance centre telling me exactly the same thing - buy a Mini One, upgrade the ECU and a Sports Exhaust, and you had the performance of a Cooper.

Apparently...........

buy a Mini One, upgrade the ECU and a Sports Exhaust, and you had the performance of a Cooper.

Apparently...........

Tis true

Is that an aftermarket upgrade that you'd need, or could you even just swap the ecu of a cooper on to a one and that would work?

my mate had the mini one bought the chip done the exhasut and induction and its pretty quick the chip work fine, you can change it back if u want as well.

If you want a cooper s the superchargers are on eBay all the time they go for £50 upwards very cheap indeed