Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Know Of Good Book(s) For Learning Ejbs & Jsp

javadude

I'm just trying to update my java skills a little. Anyone know of a good book or books for learning EJBs and JSP?

I'm just working through "JBoss at Work" (Marrs & Davis) which gives a nice practical overview of J2EE using JBoss with lots of examples. Next I need to get into a bit more depth though.

You done much Websphere mate?

Just thinking that may be more commercial?

Used to support some big apps that ran on there, absolutely hated it at the time!

I spent a week at IBMs test centre near Southampton configuring and performance testing our application to run as a web app under websphere. The configuration of the application server itself was a nightmare. I can understand why you hated it.

I chose JBoss to play with as its open source and apparently supports EJB 3.0 although I've not got the example code for that working yet. Its been far easier than websphere and I wanted to concentrate more on the code itself.

So far I've covered JSP, taglibs, connection pooling, Hibernate, XDoclet and now I'm onto EJB 2.1 :duh: :sleeping: