Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Simple Electrical Mods

goodoldgrandad

Can anyone advise how to:

(1) Disconnect that annoying inside bleeper when you select reverse gear. I could understand if it was on the outside to warn pedestrians but most drivers are inteligent enough to spot the scenery going backwards rather than forwards!!

(2) Make the wing mirrors automatically self retract when the ignition is switched off (rather than pressing the normal button).

If anyone has any electrical wiring information or can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Just I tend to forget the mirror retract button and then someone clips them, so I'd prefer this automatic when the ignition goes off.

The reverse bleeper just doesn't seem necessary and yes around here there are a few single track roads that you invarably end up giving way to oncoming vehicles and reversing for ages.

Hi,

Im not sure if or what alarm you have on the car,on mine i had to have a CAT1 fitted for insurance reasons.On most car alarms there are extra options that can be wired in etc.Theres a extra button on my car remote which is wired up to open the boot,im sure instead of opening the boot that could be wired in for the mirrors or when the alarms armed it could work the mirrors.

Theres a warning bleeper on my car and its still working,i just ignore TBH.

Chips..

Never really looked for the beeper but I know most of the Supra guys have removed it from those fairly easily.

Regarding the mirrors, it can be done but you'd need to build a circuit to do it. On of the guys in the IS forum posted a version of it a while back. Its designed to work off an alarm so you'd have to adapt it off the ignition.

Theres no simpler as the guys that put my alarm in said it can't be done off a signal from an alarm as it requires a specific signal to do it.

Gaz.

I'd sooner not alter the alarm set-up as I've just had it verified for insurance cover (Cat 1 type). I've added a mod for self retracting mirrors on a past FTO with just a relay, but I'm not sure of the wiring on the Artiso. I also can't seem to find where the reversing bleeper is on it either to cut the wire!! As you say people do it on the Supra and other Japanese imports - so it is technically possible.

isnt that beeper there for the very good reason that you dont select reverse by mistake when going for ist gear in traffic,preventing you from reversing into the car behind,or did i just make that up.or is it just the is

It might be there for a good reason, but Japanese cars are the *only* cars I've ever driven that have warning beeps to tell you that you're in reverse. 'R' and 'D' are pretty far apart on the gear selector, plus you've got the gear indicator right ahead of you in the dash and the gear selector itself will be sat in almost the same position as it would be in Park, so there are a lot of things to tell you that you're about to go backwards. Plus if you want to fit reversing sensors, the beep will clash and must go.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...