Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crime Vilgilance Awareness

MrADeveci

Recently, there has been huge increase in "Theft from Motor Vehicle" crimes across the Metropolitan.

Those mainly consist of items inside the vehicles, such as Mobile Phones, and Sat Nav especially (TomTom etc)

There has also been a huge increase, all be it mainly for BMW's ..... but the bodykits of cars are being stolen from the car !!

Please be extra vigilant if you fall into any of these areas of possible break ins.

Thanks.

I totally agree with you prevention is cheap. Aftermarket SatNav brackets left in the cabin attract thieves to check out the glove compartment/drivers side pocket etc. this invariably means a smashed window at best. Keep all 'temptations' well hidden.

Note to TomTom owners: latest software (TomTom 6.x) features Owner ID (four lines of user-customisable text) and PIN-to-start. Download Tom Tom Home to install the latest version and enable the PIN and Owner ID.

Recently, there has been huge increase in "Theft from Motor Vehicle" crimes across the Metropolitan.

Those mainly consist of items inside the vehicles, such as Mobile Phones, and Sat Nav especially (TomTom etc)

There has also been a huge increase, all be it mainly for BMW's ..... but the bodykits of cars are being stolen from the car !!

Please be extra vigilant if you fall into any of these areas of possible break ins.

Thanks.

Which is why I thought all Police stations should be listed in the MM's POI's, together with their telephone numbers.

Imagine you are driving through a strange town and see some yobs acting suspiciously round a car. A visit or phone call to the local police explaining what you have seen could mean a patrol car is sent to check. Could save someones pride and joy Lexus from damage or theft.

Rembering that your suspicions did not warrant a 999 call.

Which is why I thought all Police stations should be listed in the MM's POI's, together with their telephone numbers.

Imagine you are driving through a strange town and see some yobs acting suspiciously round a car. A visit or phone call to the local police explaining what you have seen could mean a patrol car is sent to check. Could save someones pride and joy Lexus from damage or theft.

Rembering that your suspicions did not warrant a 999 call.

Good call. I had some guy driving like he was p***ed in front of me one night, didn't have the non-emergency number for the local coppers. Perhaps I should've just dialled 999.

Even removing the windscreen clamp is not enough these days.

They are now looking closer to see any tell tale signs of a clamp by the circular mark left behind.

This is why I am now using a dedicated IS200 Brodit mount which looks to the unitiated like an empty phone mount.

Note to TomTom owners: latest software (TomTom 6.x) features Owner ID (four lines of user-customisable text) and PIN-to-start. Download Tom Tom Home to install the latest version and enable the PIN and Owner ID.

Now thats an excellent idea! Bout time firms started doing that.

Yeah I know a guy who had the 'M' sport front bumper stolen off his 3 series.....absolutely crazy! :tsktsk: :blink: