Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Small Prob With New Altezza

Ianman

Just picked up my new rs200 and very nice she is to(pics soon). one small problem, the dealer who has installed a cat 1 alarm has used the original key fob for operating the remote central locking but incorperated the new alarm/immobiliser into it, prob is i only have the one fob!?!?!? any ideas if i can get another one from toyota??? incase i lose it or it breaks, hope that makes sense :unsure:

I think as long as you have the master key in your possession then it shouldn't be a problem for Toyota to get you the key sorted?

If not then it all gets complicated and you could end up with a hefty bill with a few parts needing swapping out I think?

Spare master keys are very pricey though......over £200 :blink:

i paid £76 for a spare master key and programmed it myself :D

they tried to give me the expensive route bo!!ox but i just said i want a replacement key with transponder unit ;)

Is the re programming an easy job????

yea real easy. ust gotta press the brake/accelerator a couple times and lock/unlock the doors in a weird sequence and 'jobs a good'un' :D

This only works on the IS200 with factory alarm system.

The Altezza does not have a toyota alarm, so this doesn't apply.

My Altezza had a Clifford alarm, so I don't know about the specifics of the Toad system, but I doubt it's very different

I only had one key when the car was imported, which had a central locking button on it.

Once the alarm was installed, I could still use the Toyota key to lock/unlock the doors - but it would not alarm the car - I had to use the button on the key fob to lock and alarm the car.

Unless the guy who installed your alarm is very clever with electronics, I would guess yours is the same.

If you need extra keys, get one cut at a key bar (£10), and get a spare Toad alarm fob (maybe another £10) from any Toad supplier, who will be able to program it for you.

Ian

Is the re programming an easy job????

yea real easy. ust gotta press the brake/accelerator a couple times and lock/unlock the doors in a weird sequence and 'jobs a good'un' :D

This only works on the IS200 with factory alarm system.

The Altezza does not have a toyota alarm, so this doesn't apply.

My Altezza had a Clifford alarm, so I don't know about the specifics of the Toad system, but I doubt it's very different

I only had one key when the car was imported, which had a central locking button on it.

Once the alarm was installed, I could still use the Toyota key to lock/unlock the doors - but it would not alarm the car - I had to use the button on the key fob to lock and alarm the car.

Unless the guy who installed your alarm is very clever with electronics, I would guess yours is the same.

If you need extra keys, get one cut at a key bar (£10), and get a spare Toad alarm fob (maybe another £10) from any Toad supplier, who will be able to program it for you.

Ian

oh ok mate. didn't realise there was a difference :blush:

cheers for the heads up :D

No i dont have a toad alarm fob, the guy who did the alarm HAS wired the toad alarm to be operated by the toyota fob, so when i use it for the central locking it activates the alarm immobiliser as well as locking the doors, thats why i have a problem , im stuffed if anything happens to the original toyota transponder!!!!! :crying:

I had 1 main key like you with C/locking and boot pop. The spares were regular cut keys (proper toyota) and 2 alarm fobs (Toad)

I must say it would be nice to have it in the key and not have to use the Toad remote, wanna swap? :hehe:

That wasnt a very smart thing for the alarm guy to do, he probably did it like that so if it breaks or anything you have to go back to him and he will charge you a fortune to replace it! i recently got an alarm installed and the guy gave me 2 alarm fobs which control everything. the central locking button on the key doesnt work any more but at least i have 2 fobs. I would go back to the guy and tell him to re-wire it with seperate alarm fobs. hope they dont charge you any extra.