Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Navigator

Dont no if allowed to ask , but will soon find out if ive got it wrong.

I am about to take delivery of my new IS220D...cant wait. I opted for the navigator with DVD funtionality, does anyone know how this can be overriden to allow DVD to be watch while car is moving. I know it sounds daft but good for everyone in the car except the driver.

would also welcome any other comments about the system itself

The DVD can only be watched if the handbrake is on. To get it to work you will probably have to disable the handbrake on sensor. Not sure if anyone has managed to do that.

How long before you take delivery of the car?

I think you will find it is far more than just the handbrakebeing on which disables it.

I have tried driving mine ( footbrake style handbrake auto 250) with the brake just on, and the screen blanks out once the car reaches a certain speed - so I reckon there are speed / movement detectors also.

I am sure there is a thread ( over on the US forum ) on how to crack it, but it involved fairly major dismantling /surgery - which I for one don't fancy doing on a brand new expensive car.

It would almost certainly invalidate the warranty, and after really thinking about it, I actually believe that it is a good idea that you CANT watch the movie whilst moving. I know the argument for passengers...but I bet lots of money that nearly EVERYBODY would be slightly distracted occasionaly, and be almost certain to snatch a look at bits of the movie - including the driver :excl: So I have decided to live with it...besides there are other issues which annoy me far more regarding the nanniness of the damn MM system.

There is a thread someone on how to do this ................ lots of codes to enter into the system, and they have to be entered each time the car is started, if you wanted to overide it ............

There is a thread someone on how to do this ................ lots of codes to enter into the system, and they have to be entered each time the car is started, if you wanted to overide it ............

I think this is just for the sat nav side of things...IE to be able to enter other destinations in whilst on the move and so on, I dont think it alters the DVD playing side of things.... :question:

Really we need a software hack rather than a hardward hack.

There is 2 senors; hand brake and motion sensors.

The dvd screens will switch off when you put the hand brake down, but will in motion if you put it up *slightly* it doesnt go back on again.

The DVD can only be watched if the handbrake is on. To get it to work you will probably have to disable the handbrake on sensor. Not sure if anyone has managed to do that.

How long before you take delivery of the car?

next friday cant wait feel like a kid in a toy room

Can you point me to the thread, would probably only be intrested on long jorneys with kids

Soory are you able to point me to it??

I think this is just for the sat nav side of things...IE to be able to enter other destinations in whilst on the move and so on, I dont think it alters the DVD playing side of things.... :question:

seen this hack for the sat nav override, its not that hard

Jim says....."Can you point me to the thread, would probably only be intrested on long jorneys with kids"

As I said in an earlier post to your thread, this software hack is NOT for the DVDplayer, so why the reference to Kids and Long Journeys ??

If you do make the move and mod. it make sure you don't have it on at night as you will have the blue lights in your mirror.

Something I have noticed lately.. I am starting to watch the sat/nav while driving , its better than who wants to be a millionaire. "Name the road that you are on which isn't on the screen" etc. Seriously how do we get away with having a sat/ nav screen going while we are driving yet it is considered unsafe to have a film on for the passengers?.

jimglasgow.

There are 2 sensors that stop the DVD player showing video while moving. The first is the handbrake sensor and the second is the motion detector. These are wired into the back of the video/sound unit.

The only "hack" to override these is a hardware hack that involves taking that unit out and doing some re-wiring. Cut and clip.

Here is a link to a posting on how to do it with photos. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...000&hl=hack

There has also been a posting on the US webiste about getting a TV module for it as well, but the company hasn't responded to my emails.

There has also been a lot of discussions on voiding/not voiding your warrenty, if you do the hack.

Good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links