Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lcd Tv

Adie

My main television has now broken so I'm after a new one.

I want a 32" LCD HD ready also with integrated freeview...plus enough outlet to connect everything to it

Any recommendations.. I've been looking at this one andthis one this one etc etc

I don't really understand all the technical jargon so if somebody could please point me in the right direction.

Has anybody got any recommendations??

I've heard good things about the Samsung R74, so that'd be a good one to look at, and my Samsung M61 that I bought last xmas is still fantastic, so don't have any issues with the brand.......

If you haven't already, I'd spend a while having a good read on avforums.com cos these things move along so quick that I don't think anyone would be able to help you unless they're also looking for a TV right now! :)

exactly as above look at avforums.com you will get good advise on there and no sales bull.

if you decide to look at a plasma go for a panasonic.

one thing i noticed with LCD's that u have to look at is the reaction time, i saw a few that were not the best to there was a very slight trail/edging on fast moving scenes

Most of the LCD screens are infact made by one of three big manufactures. Can't remember who they are mind, but Samsung are one of them.

I have a Samsung LCD and its great. Lots of connections inputs/outputs etc. Would recomment a Samsung any day.

Most of the LCD screens are infact made by one of three big manufactures. Can't remember who they are mind, but Samsung are one of them.

Yep, think they're Samsung-Sony, LG-Philips, and Sharp

Agree that Sharp make excellent panels, but lately their TVs haven't been that great - IMO there's so much more to a TV than just the panel. This becomes very clear when you use PCs with LCD TVs, the best TVs are not always the best with a PC and vice versa.....

Im using the Philips 37PF9830 and 30PF9946,the first is an ambilight and HD ready,approx £2k,the other one can be picked up at around £700,to be honest difference in quality between pictures is not really visible.Id reccomend a cheapish lcd and dont put too much faith in the big brands.Ive seen my 9830 lets me down quite often and thats after 2k+,especially in action sequences.

Im using the Philips 37PF9830 and 30PF9946,the first is an ambilight and HD ready,approx £2k,the other one can be picked up at around £700,to be honest difference in quality between pictures is not really visible.Id reccomend a cheapish lcd and dont put too much faith in the big brands.Ive seen my 9830 lets me down quite often and thats after 2k+,especially in action sequences.

I have to say to say, I do like your setup. Does look very smart and from what i've seen the picture quality is very good.

i cant decide between plasma and lcd i want a 50 inch which would be best do u think for picture quality

I think at that size plasma still has the edge (pioneer is the one to go for), but if you're thinking long term, and already have an HD box, definitely go for the Sony 46" X series LCD (as long as your budget permits of course :winky: ). Its a stunning screen, in every way, but is a fair bit more expensive :o

I'm sorry to say it, but I was disappointed by the 9830 too. When I bought my LCD at the end of last year, I was all set to go out and buy a 9830 until I got to have a test of one at a John Lewis store. I thought exactly the same thing, fast motion scenes were very jerky, unless you switch off the Pixel Plus 2, but then the picture wasn't so razor sharp anymore.

In the end, completely by accident wondered into a branch of Sevenoaks, where I saw a Samsung M61 (may not have heard of them as they were exclusive to Sevenoaks) and was completely blown away by it and bought one right then. Didn't cost as much (which wasn't much of a concern anyway as I almost bought a £2k set!), and the picture still impresses me now :D

If you want a 50'' plasma the best one to buy is the Pioneer 506 XDE, you will delighted with the picture and all HD ready.

SPEND THE MONEY GET THE BEST

i cant decide between plasma and lcd i want a 50 inch which would be best do u think for picture quality

I think at that size plasma still has the edge (pioneer is the one to go for), but if you're thinking long term, and already have an HD box, definitely go for the Sony 46" X series LCD (as long as your budget permits of course :winky: ). Its a stunning screen, in every way, but is a fair bit more expensive :o

I'm sorry to say it, but I was disappointed by the 9830 too. When I bought my LCD at the end of last year, I was all set to go out and buy a 9830 until I got to have a test of one at a John Lewis store. I thought exactly the same thing, fast motion scenes were very jerky, unless you switch off the Pixel Plus 2, but then the picture wasn't so razor sharp anymore.

In the end, completely by accident wondered into a branch of Sevenoaks, where I saw a Samsung M61 (may not have heard of them as they were exclusive to Sevenoaks) and was completely blown away by it and bought one right then. Didn't cost as much (which wasn't much of a concern anyway as I almost bought a £2k set!), and the picture still impresses me now :D