Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres

swfcdan

Hey guys its time i replaced the rears on my IS, the current set up is the standard IS 17" wheels, no lowering etc.

there are just too many tyres choose from, what do you guys recommend?

i dont want to pay a fortune, yet i dont want to scrimp and save on tyres, after all they are what keep you stuck to the road.

i currently have Michelin Pilot Sports on all 4 corners and to be honest i dont like them. They cost a fortune and the tyre roar is really quite loud.

im looking for something that has a fairly long lasting wear but are fairly quiet too. ive had a quick search and the toyo tyres seem to be quite popular.

should i go for some of these or could suggest otherwise.

cheers

Dan

I've personally used the Toyo T1-S tyres mate and they're very good, they really suit the IS nicely!

They are a bit of a soft compound and won't last as long as some makes out there, to be honest though mate not really sure what the harder compounds are - maybe the Dunlop SP9000's I think which have a specific model for the IS with extra rim protection..

The Goodyear tyres are also good, F1 GDS3 or something, not sure of the exact ones though but rated very highly indeed...

I think you'll find everyone has there own favourite. I have the goodyear eagle F1 GS-D3 and can't fault them on the road or the track.

Last time I replaced the whole set I went for the OEM Dunlops again, but next time I'll definitely be going for the Eagle F1s - I've never heard a bad word said against them except life, and I do so few miles that really isn't a concern :)