Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lexus Isupra Conversion

gsportcars

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest update......

i have now fitted a new timing belt and fan belt as I had previously mentioned. The fan belt being slightly shorter than standard due to the aircon pump being removed.

here is a pic of the new fan belt routing and a close up of the part number for anyone interested! (Mat :winky: )

fanbeltus0.jpg

fanbeltcloseuc4.jpg

I have recieved my oil lines for the turbo too. This involves the two original turbo oil feeds joining into one via a T-piece and then going to the turbo.

oilfeedlinetpiecexc6.jpg

oilfeedlinebelowmanifolir9.jpg

oillineintoturbooa9.jpg

I had to drop the engine in for one final test fit to measure up the adjustments I need to make to the wastegate feed pipe on the manifold. As I have shown earlier in the thread, the wastegate outlet fouls on the steering arm so I need to modify it. I also got my rocker covers painted temorarily.

enginebaymr8.jpg

enginebayleftwu3.jpg

enginebayrightwk0.jpg

I also had to modify the top rad pipe and the piece of intercooler piping I had got from the breakers yard as they were slightly to big. here is the top rad pipe before trimming.

topradpipeinbayhp4.jpg

topviewnoradiatornj1.jpg

I decided to use the older style viscious fan instead of the electric fans for the radiator. This is simply because there isn't enough room for the electric fans as they hit off the pulley wheels.

here is a top view of the viscious fan test fitted and it even fits quite snugly

topviewwithradandviscioou3.jpg

This is another top view with the fan and the rad pipe and intercooler pipe both trimmed to fit. The standard IS radiator is there too but with the electric fans removed

topviewwithradfanandpipge8.jpg

Here are a couple of pics to show the difference in thickness between the standard rad with and without the electric fans

fatradsy1.jpg

skinnyradfz2.jpg

I decided to remove the aircon radiator too as it is no longer being used. This will save weight and also give more air space between the intercooler and radiator for better cooling

airconradremovedqp5.jpg

This is a pic of the relocated power steering resovior that was mentioned previously

relocatedpowersteeringrsu1.jpg

A close up of the rocker cover

rockercoverng7.jpg

Here is the V-band clamp on the turbo. A flange is welded to the turbo and also one welded to the downpipe. the V-band method allows very easy removal of the turbo etc as it is a one bolt job. It also does away with the need for any gaskets as it seals itself.

vbandclampze7.jpg

As usual more pics as they come :D

This is going really well fella, have to admit after looking at the pics I've only just realised that you're going down the single turbo route here as opposed to the factory twins - this is gonna be seriously quick - what are you hoping for with that turbo again fella?

Finally remembered to take a pic of the brakes fitted to the car :yawn:

Although it doesn't show it that well, the 3rd pic shows the nearly non-existent gap between the caliper and the back of the spokes of the wheel. I can just slide a single sheet of paper between them and no more LOL :lol:

brakesfittedrg0.jpg

brakesfitted1yn0.jpg

caliperwheelgaplm9.jpg

I recieved my new intercooler and got straight down to fitting it. The position it is in may be slightly adjusted depending on other factors but one thing is for sure....my standard bumper WILL NOT fit over this cooler :whistling:

The cooler is an extra 25mm thicker than my old one and also a lot longer.

intercoolerfittedyw7.jpg

intercoolerfittedclosejt5.jpg

Some may have seen my post about needing a new front bumper, and here is the reason why. This is the bumper set onto the car and fixed with the plastic plugs between the headlights. You can see how much "more" I would need to take off the bumper to get it fitted. It would be easier just cutting away a whole section around the cooler which obviously isn't going to happen :blush:

bumperfitfl5.jpg

bumperfitsidewf4.jpg

would it be worth having a 2mm spacer made up to just give you a tiny bit more clearance on the caliper, i dont know how much they will expand (if at all) when serious heat is put into them (and im sure this car will be putting serious heat into them!)

Car is looking awsome, really wish you the best of luck with this project

That would be brilliant mate!!

I have been looking for 1mm spacers and the smallest I can find is 3mm.

The problem is that I already had about 2-3mm shaved of the inside of the wheels to slightly increase the offest as they were catching the arches.

1.5mm would prob be perfect.

Let me know if this is ok buddy

;-)

With baby Jay now occupying most of my time the progress with the ISupra over the last month has been slow.

Although I ain't complaining as he is a little star :D

I mean just have a look :winky:

jaylexusim3.jpg

I have had to re-locate my Greddy oil catch tank from it's previous position at the rear of the engine bay. It now sits nicely to allow for the induction pipe from the turbo.

catchtanktw8.jpg

catchtank1je8.jpg

I have also had to make up a custom crash bar to fit over the intercooler. Just used some 5mm thick flat bar and I have braced it from behind to stop any flexing. It protrudes about 15-20mm futher out that the intercooler which should give ample room for the bumper.

crashbarwx1.jpg

crashbar1xp9.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links