Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I'm a new user, (just sold my Nissan 200SX). Please give me a few reasons why I should buy a GS300 (MK1)

and should I get the SE or sport?

I saw one from a dealer (97 R) with 42K, for £10.5, is that about right for a good GS300 SE ?

Cheers

I saw one from a dealer (97 R) with 42K, for £10.5, is that about right for a good GS300 SE ?

I only recently got a Mk1 GS300 Sport and love it. I been driving to and from Manchester in some grotty conditions and the M62 is not my idea of a fun road, however, I've been loving it. The lexus is relaxing and seems to de-stress the journey, it can also show a clean pair of heels to most other cars too :D

As for cost it depends on where you live, I'm from Yorkshire and there simply aren't that many low mileage ones (Mk1's) about. I know Bradford lexus have a P reg GS300SE with 69k for £10.5k and I'd imagine there would be some room to negotiate on this price.

I'd say the R reg with 42k was a good deal assuming full service history.

MAC

Just buy one. You dont so much as drive them, you sort of wear them like a big comfortable pair of designer shoes. I came from a 300ZX and a supra and have not at all been disappointed. No slouch either. :P

Hi

Pluses

Quiet, comfortable, very smooth engine and transmission, good performance particularly at passing speeds, very good handling, impeccable reliability, excellent warrenty.

Minuses (compared to the BMW 530, which was my second choice)

Good but not excellent performance, very good but not excellent handling, no steering wheel audio controls (even my Jeep Grand Cherokee has them), paint chips easily.

All in all I am quite happy with my 2002 GS300. It is a great cruising car. Buy one, you won't be sorry

Larry

Hello all,

I could use some help here, I currently drive a 2002 IS200 Sport, but since my family in growing I am looking at a GS300. Does this makes sense? I am looking for the width of the car to at least put three childs seats in.

But my worries are; what about the car? Is it as good as the IS series? I really would hate to the IS go, but it is a small car.

What about running costs or noted problems (like the corrosion on the 17 " wheels of the IS) does the GS, 2001 and up have any notorious problems?

waiting for some new light on the subject

Lecati

I could use some help here, I currently drive a 2002 IS200 Sport, but since my family in growing I am looking at a GS300. Does this makes sense? I am looking for the width of the car to at least put three childs seats in.

I can get three kiddies' seats in the back of my GS no problem

But my worries are; what about the car? Is it as good as the IS series? I really would hate to the IS go, but it is a small car.

What about running costs or noted problems (like the corrosion on the 17 " wheels of the IS) does the GS, 2001 and up have any notorious problems?

I've got a GS300 Mk1 Sport and love it. It's a 97 (P), has 59k on the clock and looks and drives like new. In terms of the body work there are 3 small stone chips on the front, though these have been touched up by the previous owner and the rest of the car is spotless.

As for the wheels, apart from the odd scuff they too are spotless. The bummer for me was the spare was unmarked and the dealer swapped it over, managed to clip the curb the first time I parked it :angry:

:withstupid: